The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Biss will not come out [Merged 6-7] removal stuck remove take out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dTERM

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2002
Dallas_TX
My biss will not come out. it screws out so far than stops I tried to use a flat head screwdriver to slide down under the head to pull/pry it up and it didn't work any suggestions?

I'm trying to get it out to put a new o ring on.

Drill a small hole into the middle of the Biss screw (about 1/4" - 1/2", not all the way through), find a screw that is a little bit bigger than the hole then screw it into the hole. Use a pair of pliers and pull. The Biss screw should come out. The o-ring is what is holding it in. I have done this a couple of times and has worked each time.

Also, if you have a boost leak tester, you can use that to pressurize your system and the Biss screw should pop out. Just be careful in case it goes flying. (Sorry, already suggested. I type too slow.)

Mike

I resorted to the first method after everything thing else I could thing of didn't work. The screw method worked great for me :thumb:

If all else fails, you can just replace the TB gaskets and pull the throttle body and push it out from the inside.

My car is throwing off a code 55 (Idle air control (IAC) valve position sensor fault.) It started throwing this code when my car won't start anymore. Does anybody know if the IAC going bad would cause my car not to turn on at all? I've been doing some reading on the BISS but am not familiar enough with it to know if it could be just that and/or the O-Ring on the BISS.

So im doing a boost leak test and my biss screw is leaking. And i unscrew it and about 3 threads away from coming all the way out it just spins there:cry:. Anyone have any tips on how to get this out easily ang quickly?

Magnet if it is a metal screw, bubble gum on the end of something for the plastic kind. ;)

magnet worked!!! replace the oring and put teflon on the screw still has a tiny leak. Boo. I give up fir today ha

ok so my friend and i did a boost leak test. everything was fine untill we got to the biss screw. leaks air like crazy. the soap water we used was just bursting bubble like crazy LOL. so i manage to get it out by turning the air pressure up. it came out nice and easy. now my question is, is there any metal or better(upgraded) screw i can use? if so, what size, or is the oem one better? thanks in advance

The screw probably isn't the culprit. Replace the o-ring.

I don't know if anyone has already said this and im sorry if its been said but how I got mine out was completely random. I was driving home one day and all of a sudden when letting off of the clutch I hear a thud like something hit my hood then a loud hiss. I pulled over right away even though my car would still drive and was responsive. I then noticed it would no longer idle at all. I opened the hood and sure enough no more BISS but I got lucky and it was laying in the TB I put it back in to test this and just dropped in it but didn't screw it down and sure enough you start pushing a bit of boost and when it goes from positive pressure to negative pressure it pops the screw right out. took me about 30 ft to pop it out without meaning to.

I don't know if anyone has already said this and im sorry if its been said but how I got mine out was completely random. I was driving home one day and all of a sudden when letting off of the clutch I hear a thud like something hit my hood then a loud hiss. I pulled over right away even though my car would still drive and was responsive. I then noticed it would no longer idle at all. I opened the hood and sure enough no more BISS but I got lucky and it was laying in the TB I put it back in to test this and just dropped in it but didn't screw it down and sure enough you start pushing a bit of boost and when it goes from positive pressure to negative pressure it pops the screw right out. took me about 30 ft to pop it out without meaning to.

Negative to positive pressure. Not the other way around.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back