The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

battery negative wire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenuwine4g63

10+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2009
Charlotte, North_Carolina
Ok guys i have a black and yellow wire from the negative side of my battery that is attatched to nothing. I just replaced the head and dont remember this wire being bolted down to anything. The motor does not turn over the fuel pump only comes on. Could this cable cause my car not to run??

Attachments

• DSC00875.JPG
    DSC00875.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 176
I just grounded that wire to the bell housing on the tranny and nothing happened. Im getting the same thing only the fuel pump. Where should i ground it at?

yea to the firewall. All my lights and accesories come on. The motor just dosnt turn over. the fuel pumps wines and i can hear the isc at the front thats it. Nothing else happens, i just have this cable off the neg side of the battery that is bolted to nothing. I have it bolted down to the bell housing now and still the same thing..its weird

I shouldve took a picture before i try to explain this but im on my way to work. Theres two bolts, one futher to the left of the bellhousing and one to the right if looking at them over the passenger fender. I have it bolted in the left bolt. Is that correct or should i bolt it to the right one. Where its at now it dosnt turn over..

I shouldve took a picture before i try to explain this but im on my way to work. Theres two bolts, one futher to the left of the bellhousing and one to the right if looking at them over the passenger fender. I have it bolted in the left bolt. Is that correct or should i bolt it to the right one. Where its at now it dosnt turn over..

Look at where the starter is and use one of those two bolts.

Another thing i shouldve checked is my battery voltage:banghead: The car has been sitting for about 2 weeks with the battery on the passenger seat. Im pretty sure its low and i'll get that starter cable bolted up:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back