The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Awdmonster drag car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That deck surface looks a little rough for a mls. You might consider getting it apart and getting the deck tuned up. Also might be wise to check the shortblock for damage too.
Yeah this deck has seen better days.
After putting a straight edge I’ll have to do it flat enough no significant damage to the area where the fire ring would go the block did get damaged but it’s outside of any coolant passages.

The head is welded up and ready for another season!

E7F21732-738E-4700-B5BF-B198BD39851B.jpeg

F7703C56-9143-44DC-8ABB-1357FE36EF0F.jpeg

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. The surface job on the deck and your resurfaced head is not good enough for a MLS. The mls can't deform down to close off all the little lines left in the surface by the cutter.

Well small update

Last Thursday took the car to the track to do some testing doing a new table doing boost by gear to hold the WG closed to ramp the boost harder.

The changes done to the car was upgraded the size of the fuel lines and BAP

Unfortunately the BAP failed pulled too much amps blew the fuse and the intercooler blow out again.

IMG_3833.jpeg

The Michelob Ultra can is missing Frank...........:hmm: :thumb: ROFL

I’m sorry brotha but what are we lookin at!!??:D:rocks::confused:
For the longest time I’ve been racing the car with a massive leak. This is not including the crack on the intercooler. I had the check valve installed incorrectly whenever the car was making boost pressure. It would leak out to the vacuum pump.

After addressing the issue, I tested the car on the stall, and it made way more boost shorter time

I’ll be testing this very soon and I’ll be looking for a 1/4 mile to finally push for that 8 sec pass

** update **
Went to IFO in Las Vegas and suffered a headgasket failure. It’s looking like it’s leaning out for a quick sec as i build to the boost in 1st. Nothing too extreme.

Could be just a mechanical issue…

The log looks good no signs of issues
Just looked at the log

All data looks really good

- hit target AFR
- fuel pressure was stable the whole pass
- boost was peak at 44-43 while pass
- ignition was 11-13.5 peak while pass
- nitrous turned off on time

Head is at the machine shop got 8 exhaust valves coming …

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back