The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Aftermarket torque converters and street

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPikolo

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2002
Winterport, Maine
I don't have to much experience in the field of automatic transmissions, but I have been learning fairly quickly with the talon I purchased a couple months ago.

I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with aftermarket torque converters and daily driving.

Thanks

~John

Originally posted by MrPikolo
I don't have to much experience in the field of automatic transmissions, but I have been learning fairly quickly with the talon I purchased a couple months ago.

I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with aftermarket torque converters and daily driving.

Thanks

~John

I know a fair bit about the subject, what is it that you would like to know?

-John
Owner, import performance trans.

Holy Crap!(As Frank Barone would say). Now we have the Import Perf Tranny dude here! Sweet deal!

Well, i would like to know how it shifts on the street, in normal driving. Like how gas mileage is and if it is comfortable at all.

~John

Originally posted by MrPikolo
Well, i would like to know how it shifts on the street, in normal driving. Like how gas mileage is and if it is comfortable at all.

~John

Most well designed performance converters are usually still pretty streetable and have very little, if any effect on mileage.

Poorly constructed high stall converters, on the other hand, can sometimes be pretty inefficient- which leads to them being less drivable for daily use.

-John
Owner, import performance trans

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back