The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

98 GSX Time Trial build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update: went to the house on Saturday, pulled the manifold and turbo, drilled the studs and safety wired them to keep them from spinning out. While I was doing that, I noticed that there was rubbing marks on the compressor housing. Checked the play, definitely insane play. So I ordered a rebuild kit, and today got the turbo back together. Still trying to get to Pocono. Also got my arms from Bobby!!!! They are stunning and I can't wait to put them in!!
IMG_20180827_104657.jpg
IMG_20180827_121803.jpg
IMG_20180827_122223.jpg
IMG_20180827_180233.jpg
IMG_20180829_110618.jpg

The control arms look awesome! Let us know how the fitment and clearance is!
Fitment is perfect. Nice clearance and no issues like the SPC or Megan arms have,
IMG_20170805_174929.jpg
IMG_20170423_110107.jpg
IMG_20170423_110123.jpg

Got the arms installed last night. And man. Absolutely awesome pieces. With all the bearings bottomed, we had an amazing -4° of camber! Pretty wild. Can't wait to try them out. Installation was a breeze. The track we're going to is pretty tight. Mostly 2nd and 3rd gear with one upshift to 4th every lap, so we left the camber at -3.8° and we'll adjust as needed. But all in all, super satisfied with these things. Bobby did an amazing job. Can't thank him enough for all the work he puts into making such killer parts for these cars.
IMG_20180901_153448.jpg
IMG_20180901_191857.jpg
Screenshot_20180902-090445~2.png
IMG_20180901_193354.jpg
IMG_20180901_193423.jpg

Just got back from Pocono. Had a really good event. First half of the day was dry. But after lunch, the rains came and never stopped. Still raining as I write this. The good thing is, we won! We set fastest lap in the dry. And once it started raining, we felt confident enough that our time wasn't going to get beat that we didn't go out in the wet. And we were right. So that's the race report.

The other bit of this weekend that was awesome was that this was the first test of Bobby's upper control arms. And I have to say, they were amazing. Absolutely amazing. The front camber that was gained because of them greatly improved front grip at turn in all the way through the corner. The increased caster greatly improved straight line stability. At 135mph before getting on the brakes for a fast kink, they instilled great confidence. Bobby's arms were definitely a factor in is getting the win this weekend. I can't thank him enough for all he does for our cars.
IMG_20180907_221545.jpg
IMG_20180908_174103.jpg
IMG_20180908_200237_101.jpg
IMG_20180909_140602_479.jpg

Oh. Also. The safety wire I used on the tops of the turbo studs worked. For the first time, we don't have any repairs to make! It's a pretty good feeling LOL. Didn't even take it off the trailer when I got home. Obviously we're gonna go over it before Lime Rock next month.

That's awesome man Congats!!!! I love that there are those of us that continually push the envelope of the dsm platform! keep up the good work!

Thank you! These cars are so much more capable than just drag racing. Just trying to be competitive and have fun! Show these new kids what a DSM can do!

We all know that doesn't matter. Winnings winning.

But in all actuality, it was by about 8 tenths. I went 59.4. 2nd place went 1:00.2 or something like that.
How often are track days held at Pocono, and are they open to spectators? Im only 20-30 minutes from the track and would love to come check out one of these events!

How often are track days held at Pocono, and are they open to spectators? Im only 20-30 minutes from the track and would love to come check out one of these events!

The group I run with goes there twice a year. This last weekend was actually our last time there for the season. When we go, there's no admission fee. Not sure about other groups.

The group I run with goes there twice a year. This last weekend was actually our last time there for the season. When we go, there's no admission fee. Not sure about other groups.

If you're running there again next season let me know a week or two ahead of the event. I definitely want to check it out! :hellyeah:

Nice! New parts! Out of curiosity though, since you actually race your car, why not go with a suspension setup that has a coaxial upper spring hat?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back