The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

95 TSi Build - wire tuck / brake line tuck / engine bay shave

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeez bro I could only wish for a car with that much attn. to detail, i guess if I had time, I could do something along those lines, but I am a very impatient man,
you sir did a very nice job. :hellyeah:

The brakes have no leaks and no where near my.first time flaring lines... the brakes work flawless and I have dot5 in those lines as well...

And thank you sir. There was a lot more things I was supposed to do to it,but I had to put it back together because I lost my daily driver... :(

I'll try to post pictures of my bay later... I need to wipe it down first. Haha

Great looking car, I am in the process of removing my engine for the first time so I think I'm going to end up trying to get it as clean as yours as possible LOL.

awesome build car is def one of the sickiest DSM's ive seen. hopefully my 1g will look that clean some day

I hope this isn't too ridiculous of a question but I want to know anyway. I see a lot of build threads with people shaving and painting the engine bay. They always come out amazing. Just curious what did you use to sand it all down? Wire wheels, sand paper by hand, sand blasting? Car looks great by the way.

After you weld the unneeded holes you might need to use filler, then hand sanding until smooth, then prime, then paint. It's a very involved process.

There's a huge thread over on Honda Tech talking about shaved bays, now it might be a Honda site but the idea is still the same.

Might have missed it in your pictures, but where did you put your engine bay fuse box?

Nice job. You did a huge amount of good quality work in a short amount of time.

The brakes have no leaks and no where near my.first time flaring lines... the brakes work flawless and I have dot5 in those lines as well...

And thank you sir. There was a lot more things I was supposed to do to it,but I had to put it back together because I lost my daily driver... :(

Dot 5? I thought we werent supposed to use that because of all its negative qualities?

Dot 5? I thought we werent supposed to use that because of all its negative qualities?:nono::nono::nono:

I want to be able to do this kind of stuff someday...

any updates? i would also like to know what you did with the fuse box? where'd you mount it?

There's really not much to update... Besides the fuse box location, what else are you guys interested in knowing? Seriously... Let me know and I'll update. Thanks for viewing my thread...

The fuse box is mounted under the passenger headlight with weather protection on the frame.. I don't drive it when it rains anyway because I deleted the complete wiper and windshield washer system.

There's really not much to update... Besides the fuse box location, what else are you guys interested in knowing? Seriously... Let me know and I'll update. Thanks for viewing my thread...

The fuse box is mounted under the passenger headlight with weather protection on the frame.. I don't drive it when it rains anyway because I deleted the complete wiper and windshield washer system.

pics of your weather protection piece and how you did it or where did you buy it? because i did mine like that also but i was trying to figure out what i can do to protect it from the rain or dust storms

pics of your weather protection piece and how you did it or where did you buy it? because i did mine like that also but i was trying to figure out what i can do to protect it from the rain or dust storms

x2.

i mounted my fuse box under the passenger headlight a while ago but then it rained pretty bad and i drove it like that(nothing happened but i scared the crap out of me haha)

Do you have any pictures of the weather protection?

yeah.. im taking my motor back out today to redo the engine bay, i wasnt too happy with it because i know i could of done better, and im going to be redoing the brake lines aswell. and rebuilding my evo3 trans. ill get some pictures up today at the end of the day... ill be taking pictures while i work and post them later.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back