The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1996 gst. wire tuck/Brake line tuck ect

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex7747

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2010
Hesperia, California
well i thought it was time id post up my build.:hellyeah:
The car is a 96 gst.
plans for the car:
wire tuck-done
brake line tuck-done
engine rebuild(stock)-done
fuse box relocation-done
delete all unneeded wires
finish AWD swap....one day
dsmlink v3
walbro 255lph w/afpr
880cc injectors
wideband
full 3in exhaust
water/meth injection
hx35 BEP housing
wheels
ect.

so i started off with the fuse box relocation.. i removed the wire warness from the car. i cut it haha labeled every wire so I'm good to go :thumb: LOL. then i did the wiring for the headlights (left and right) the the alt recharge connection thing then the radiator fan.

then i started the brake like tuck.. I'm tucking the brake lines inside the cabin behind the radio. a long with all the stuff thats usually on the fire wall will be placed inside the cabin.

i also started painting some parts.. the engine bay will also be painted right before i put the motor in. the motor is at the machine shop and won't be done until the monday after thanksgiving.

oh and sorry for the pictures, i took them with my phone :coy:

Attachments

• p_00731.jpg
    p_00731.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,120
  • p_00736.jpg
    p_00736.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,104
  • p_00749.jpg
    p_00749.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,099
  • p_00750.jpg
    p_00750.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,105
  • p_00752.jpg
    p_00752.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,096
  • p_00753.jpg
    p_00753.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,106
  • p_00763.jpg
    p_00763.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,091
  • p_00748.jpg
    p_00748.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,100
  • p_00758.jpg
    p_00758.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,089
  • p_00757.jpg
    p_00757.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,116
  • p_00755.jpg
    p_00755.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,099
  • p_00756.jpg
    p_00756.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,098
  • p_00761.jpg
    p_00761.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • p_00767-1.jpg
    p_00767-1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,094
  • p_00759.jpg
    p_00759.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,097
  • p_00760.jpg
    p_00760.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,119
Last edited:
nope not at all. you just have to be real careful with it and you should be good. i still have one more line i have to route before the brakes are all done.

then I'm going to paint the engine bay and front bumper and start re installing everything. the only wire i have to extend for my engine harness is the maf connecter then i have to shorten my main engine harness because its too long the way i positioned it. should be fun :rolleyes:haha

oh yeah and i forgot to mention i relocated the fuse box to under the dash.. ill try to get pictures tomorrow.

You might want to look into a chasebays wiring harness and brake booster delete. That won't help with the accessory harness, but its a nice start.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

nope not at all. you just have to be real careful with it and you should be good. i still have one more line i have to route before the brakes are all done.

then I'm going to paint the engine bay and front bumper and start re installing everything. the only wire i have to extend for my engine harness is the maf connecter then i have to shorten my main engine harness because its too long the way i positioned it. should be fun :rolleyes:haha

oh yeah and i forgot to mention i relocated the fuse box to under the dash.. ill try to get pictures tomorrow.
thats cool, ill try the bending the lines without braking em :ohdamn:
im also doing a wire tuck/brake tuck/fusebox/battery LOL(http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm-build-journals/419791-95-virgin-w-98k-miles-build.html)
on your fuse box harness, are you just gonna mount it under your dash and plug the plugs back to the little lower fuse box? and just going to extend the power wire to battery, extend lights, and alternator wires??

good luck on the build btw..keep us posted

You might want to look into a chasebays wiring harness and brake booster delete. That won't help with the accessory harness, but its a nice start.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

thanks for the info,ill look them up.

thats cool, ill try the bending the lines without braking em :ohdamn:
im also doing a wire tuck/brake tuck/fusebox/battery LOL(http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm-build-journals/419791-95-virgin-w-98k-miles-build.html)
on your fuse box harness, are you just gonna mount it under your dash and plug the plugs back to the little lower fuse box? and just going to extend the power wire to battery, extend lights, and alternator wires??

good luck on the build btw..keep us posted

yeah i mounted the fuse box under the dash and I already have all the lights working again(extended almost every wire) and the alternator generator plug is already good to go. i jest need to extent the the alternator output wires(the two big white wires) and then the battery and starter wires also.(moving the battery to the hatch as well.

i also made a push start button for my starter because the solenoid went out. its the old cigarette lighter thing :shhh:.

So today i didn't really get much done. I just started working on the coil pack and power transistor relocation and i found a sweet spot to put them(my spare block and head LOL), tell me what you think. in check it out..

Attachments

• p_00773.jpg
    p_00773.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 977
  • p_00771.jpg
    p_00771.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 976
  • p_00772.jpg
    p_00772.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 974
Last edited:
Looking good, got any pics on your extended wires to headlights.? Exactly what words did you extend?
Headlights, alternator(power and grounds,airbags,?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Looking good, got any pics on your extended wires to headlights.? Exactly what words did you extend?
Headlights, alternator(power and grounds,airbags,?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yeah i have pictures up there. the only wires i extended were the power wires(they're mostly all green wires, of the lights anyways), and the alternator( four wire plug), and the radiator fan plug(again a four wire plug). the air bags were deleted.

the ground wires didn't make any sense to extend so i just grounded them to the closest chassie ground i could find for the plug. ill post pictures of that tomorrow when its not so late :coy:..a ground is a ground so any black wire i saw i needed i just bolted it up to the car frame haha.

since my last update i got a lot done.
1. I finished the motor rebuild! i should've taken more pictures :banghead:..
--Cylinder head: 3 angle valve job, cleaned, resurfaced, pressure checked, stock.
--The block: acl try-metal bearings, stock rods, and 7.8cr pistons out of the 1gs, arp head studs, stock head gasket, and BSE. its only a stock rebuild for now.:coy:. this thing was super clean when i put it together :thumb::D. i could have eaten off this thing LOL

2. Finished my wiring for the fuse box and the engine. Pita!
my windows don't want to work anymore so that needs to be fixed before i can install the dash :sosad:.

3. got a different routing for my ic piping. act.

Attachments

• p_00824.jpg
    p_00824.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 844
  • p_00808.jpg
    p_00808.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 861
  • p_00823.jpg
    p_00823.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 862
  • p_00793.jpg
    p_00793.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 837
  • p_00789.jpg
    p_00789.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 839
  • p_00790.jpg
    p_00790.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 848
  • p_00786.jpg
    p_00786.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 862
  • p_00787.jpg
    p_00787.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 863
  • p_00800.jpg
    p_00800.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 856
  • p_00788.jpg
    p_00788.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 856
heres some more pictures of the fuse box. and the alternator wiring. and the mess under my dash. LOL

as of right now i still have not fired the engine up :(. there isn't a single drop of oil in the engine or trans right now LOL. I'm waiting on a starter i bought from a member on here to fire it up for the first time :D

Attachments

• p_00821.jpg
    p_00821.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 863
  • p_00817.jpg
    p_00817.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 847
  • p_00819.jpg
    p_00819.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 864
  • p_00804.jpg
    p_00804.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 887
Last edited:
I'm debating all of this right now. My engine is out and now would be a good time, but part of me wants to get the engine in and running before I start going through the wiring. Everyday I walk in the garage and have a really big urge to just start relocating the fusebox and wire tucking everything.

Looks great!!

Thanks for all the complements :D. i may actually fire the car up tomorrow hopefully. And the wires under my dash is just a freaking mess! i agree LOL but you won't see that once the dash is back on :).

Looks great, nice setup. You relocate the battery to the trunk? I skimmed through the thread didnt see nothing about it. Thought about installing an oil catch can? You have PLENTY of room! ROFL

LOL thanks. I thought about installing one but I'm a broke college student :coy:. so all this was done on a tight budget.

I did also run the battery to the trunk, I don't know how i missed posting about that :ohdamn:. haha. I'll try to get some pictures up of that.

LOL thanks. I thought about installing one but I'm a broke college student :coy:. so all this was done on a tight budget.

I did also run the battery to the trunk, I don't know how i missed posting about that :ohdamn:. haha. I'll try to get some pictures up of that.

I hear ya on that! ROFL I recently got laid off AND im trying to go to college.. My whole winter 5 speed swap stuff isnt turning out too well.. I need a trans still.. I wanna relocate my battery Id like to see your pics, I just dont have the electrical brains to do it.. I look at how-to's and am lost. WTF

You mind telling me what gauge wire you used for extending wires for ## fuse box and where you bought them. I currently am in the process of doing the fuse box tuck. Honestly,every wire is out and ready to be tucked,except the ones that need to be extended. I haven't extended because I'm still a little nervous about picking the right gauge,the right quality wire and how. Wether crimping or soldering,because my soldering skills aren't on point yet. I find that getting info from members like you always makes me a little more at ease because you guys tend to do things that have been proven to work. Nice work on the car by the way. I'm gonna do a brake tuck next and work on my fuel lines. That's less nerve wrecking to me simply because it's a very on point and straight forward procedure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back