The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1995 Eagle Talon Tsi Engine Shave/Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like the fact you take the time to make sure everything is nice and clean before putting it back on the car. You're giving me a few ideas for my own!

Nice build man!

What electrical issues are you having?

I had to rewire my radio and the volume doesn't seem to be working a moderator said to let it reset by letting it sit on for 45 min but doesn't seem to be working.
I still have to wire my reverse lights in and figure what wires I hook my horn up to the relay clicks I just don't have the horn.

more work fixing the spots that were never prepped before paint
DSMTUNERS056-1.jpg

DSMTUNERS057-1.jpg

DSMTUNERS058-1.jpg

I have the trunk on now It matches very well because the clear I used had a little yellow in it making it look like my pearl.

Last edited:
Lookin good but I would definitely find a different spot to mount that pump. It is even more bulky than the fuse box it replaced..

DSMTUNERS061-1.jpg

DSMTUNERS062-1.jpg

after getting over spray all over my car from paining the trunk I had to clay bar the car witch took 2 hours but I am glad i did it I removed a lot of what I thought were imperfections in the paint and where just black specs deeply embedded in the clear
DSMTUNERS059.jpg

DSMTUNERS060-1.jpg

Radio, I dunno. Is it the OEM one? I had all kinds of problems with mine and finally replaced it with a Pioneer.

I can send you the FSM diagrams of the reverse light wiring and horn wiring if you'd like.

Hope you are putting that battery in a box.

Radio, I dunno. Is it the OEM one? I had all kinds of problems with mine and finally replaced it with a Pioneer.

I can send you the FSM diagrams of the reverse light wiring and horn wiring if you'd like.

Hope you are putting that battery in a box.

I have a box for it just temporary for now and I'm haveing problems with my power windows and locks they won't work and no fuses are blown I took the power window relay and bridged the two points to do the "power windows with no key mod" but still no luck so its not my relay

* as for how much psi I am going to run I'm waiting to go to STM when they tune my car on there dyno and tell me how much on a safe tune I'm thinking 18lbs

### gauges faces are you running inside your cluster??

Will my car start with a stock tune? The cams are only stage 1

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3eqE8HaCPM&feature=youtu.be

OK it seems like cylinders 2 and 4 are not firing because my exhaust manifold is getting hot on only 1 and 3 and when I turned up my fuel pressure a few psi 40-45 it started for 1 second

I had the crank sensor on wrong thanks to "colt4g63" for pointing it out i fixed it and now she is running. Just have to buy a new oil feed line and hook up my ic pipe and drop my axles in

Last edited:
someone got a little dremel happy on that front bumper. good job on the build tho looks like it's coming along nicely.

keep up the good work, ive been slowly working away at mine...

I ran the car for a few minuets finding that I needed a new turbo feed line and I was leaking on my drain line I tried to tighten the drain bolt and the bolt broke off in the turbo i was pissed there was no way i was taking the whole manifold off I unbolted it from the hot-side drilled out the bolt and re-taped it. Before everyone gives me crap about this I know its an eBay turbo and I got scammed on Craigslist from a guy saying it was a Garrett I'm not really blaming him for my stupidity but i wouldn't do that to someone else. lesson learned I guess I am going to check the turbo for play every 50 miles and I will begin to save for a precision turbo with an externally gated setup and a forced performance manifold

DSMTUNERS091.jpg

buildthread003.jpg

In addition: I ran the car again and was dripping oil near the oil pan/oil cooler housing so off came the lower timing cover and to my surprise It was leaking where the old balance shaft tensioner went not that huge of a deal I still had it set aside but never once did i see someone tell me that it had to go back on.

buildthread005.jpg

buildthread006.jpg

I had no luck removing my axle from the hub I even took it to my buddy's house who is a mechanic we heated it up till it was red hot and slamed on it with the sledge he said he has never seen one that bad before.

buildthread014.jpg

buildthread015.jpg

I need to buy a new hub assembly if anyone is selling one please pm me.

I ordered my new axles from s & M auto and they sent me a 25 spline short shaft for some reason i contacted them and they said they will send the correct 27 spline out I was just annoying because It took be about an hour to get it all in and together before i figured out that it was slipping inside the transmission and i thought I assembled the trans wrong It really had me worried

shafts they sent me before i cleaned them up
buildthread011.jpg

notice the difference from my old short shaft and the one they sent me
buildthread012.jpg

25 vs 27 spline surprisingly the 25 fit into my transmission
buildthread013.jpg

Good thing you caught that before it did some major damage!

yeah I was spinning the axle with my hand and it didn't feel right I looked inside the transmission and saw no visible damage I just ordered the steering knuckle from s&m and my gm MAF is coming in tomorrow so hopefully I Can have her diving by Thursday.

got my gm maf in and already its running better with no ic pipe hooked up.
Here is some pictures of my new mock up for my front mount this way is a lot shorter and had less bends.

buildthread018.jpg

buildthread020.jpg

Copyofbuildthread019.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back