The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build 95 GSX 800hp street monster Fp6466hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah I ddnt explain what I'm talking about too well. I thought your fittings were using existing tapped points on the transmission. Only asking since my transmission is out of the car and I happen to have a Tilton oil pump... I'll probably end up using the drain/fill points for the in/out of the pump. Wish it was easier to get cool oil to the 3rd/4th gears butnits better than nothing. Love the build man. Good luck to you!

If I'm thinking of the correct spot, you're referencing the three bolts right next to each other, and they have a spring and ball bearing behind them. You can't replace those or modify them that I'm aware of, because they're the stops for the gear shifter. Maybe "stops" isn't the correct word, but when you put the car into gear, those ball bearings click into dimples on the shift rails and hold them in place. I'm far from a trans expert, but think they help basically hold the car in gear...

OP, CLEAN car, bro! I was giggling at the sooty spot on your garage door from the exhaust, because I used to have a white cabinet in my garage behind my car. After a couple weeks it looked just like that garage door haha!

OP, CLEAN car, bro! I was giggling at the sooty spot on your garage door from the exhaust, because I used to have a white cabinet in my garage behind my car. After a couple weeks it looked just like that garage door haha!

LOL Yeah I tried to keep it clean for a couple years after I built the garage in 05 but just gave up and that was 10 or so years ago. Now you've got my OCD twitching and I can see myself painting it sometime to clean it up. now. Great thanks :thumb: (j/k)

Thanks For the kind words

I've got a lot of pictures and what not from years of playing with these cars. So thought I start throwing some up. I'll explain each pic I do put up so here goes.

Ok this was in 2011 and I've since rebuilt the car to what you see now. Basically I was running way to much timing @ peak torque and spit a rod and caused an engine fire. Thankfully it was extinguished fast and the car wasn't lost as I was sure it was all over that night. In a nut shell when the #4 rod said f*** off it blew my starter off and with my battery being where the stock IC would be, I had a 4 gauge wire running to my battery and sadly no inline fuse (lesson learnt) was present so when the starter hit my front subframe it welded it's self. This cause the dead short and ultimately an engine fire which caught the carbon fiber hood on fire. It only burnt for 8-10 mins then fire dept got it out.

Here's the carnage

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1378-1.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

Last edited:
So now I'll start to get into the rebuild process with a few of pics.

R&R Rods, Wiseco pistons (I've since gone to a cp slug)gaskets, ACL bearing and a Kiggly girdle.

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

2.0 LR ready to party

6E41D3FF-0005-49D3-8235-2822FA58CAF3_zpsrjbgdvfs.jpg

5D91FC05-CB5D-49D2-8F85-681C57ECAB16_zps1sdpe8km.jpg

Fresh O-ring and valves, guides, 5 angle valve job.

04F7BF50-D0CF-4283-B40C-CDAC0A0FFA33_zpsys9nm9qd.jpg

Apparently this head is a Slow Boy Racing stg 5 race package (back when they were a pretty big shop/machine shop)
The fellow that was doing their porting at the time has since gone on to open a shop in Florida I believe. I forget his name but a long time DSM guy that has helped me tune my car knew of him. It's certainly been ported extensivly LOL and the build of the head when I bought it matched the components it was sold with back in the day. I think they wanted $3000+ maybe more for this, I stole it on ebay ;)

BE7D5B48-18CA-4633-859E-8B78C97EA0C8_zpsyw4bws1e.jpg

Old block with a small issue LOL

IMG_4058.jpg

getting the under hood cleaned up

IMG_4048.jpg

Knew the car was going to be painted carbon flash

IMG_4049.jpg

My old shep stg 3 getting a new paint job

IMG_4064.jpg

Last edited:
LOL Yeah I tried to keep it clean for a couple years after I built the garage in 05 but just gave up and that was 10 or so years ago. Now you've got my OCD twitching and I can see myself painting it sometime to clean it up. now. Great thanks :thumb: (j/k)

Thanks For the kind words

If you paint the door, I'd tape a garbage bag or a piece of cardboard over where it gets black so you can just swap that out every couple months with minimal expense. Or just always have the cutout open. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

This is the car a year or so after I drove it up from Ft.myers Florida (2007ish)

100_1856-1.jpg

100_1857.jpg

100_1858.jpg

This is when I put my SSR Gt1's on and I've since had them PC black. I was just about to put my slick on at the track

Picture022.jpg

This is the engine bay from around the same time. It was 2.0 with a fp3065 and it ran a 10.55@137

162.jpg

Attachments

• 161.jpg
    161.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0497-2.jpg
    IMG_0497-2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Did you paint the car black yourself?. I would really like to dry painting my car myself but have zero expirence to even know where to start

Oh f*** ya, I've got 15,000+ miles on them so far. The aluminum rod thing is a myth IMO, rods these days are light years ahead compared to 10+ years ago. I do let the engine warm up good before I beat on it.

I DD this car all summer when it's not broken.

Oh f*** ya, I've got 15,000+ miles on them so far. The aluminum rod thing is a myth IMO, rods these days are light years ahead compared to 10+ years ago. I do let the engine warm up good before I beat on it.

I DD this car all summer when it's not broken.
Nice! What brand did you go with?

That is a stunning dsm bro. Very good work.
You're probably north of 30k invested total? These little cars get pricey

Amazing. The engine fire was a good thing after all. Car looks more beautiful than ever. Nice job!

That is a stunning dsm bro. Very good work.
You're probably north of 30k invested total? These little cars get pricey

Thanks and north of 30k LOL hate to consider but you're prolly close.

Amazing. The engine fire was a good thing after all. Car looks more beautiful than ever. Nice job!

Thanks, it wasn't too good for my wallet LOL

Last edited:
So I received my Feal 441 coilovers this past weekend and I'm very happy with their product. My only issue and I knew it going in, is the front won't get low enough, I need another 1" or so :p story of my life. The rear is perfect and I've got them 1.450" higher just to match the front fully slammed.
It still looks good tho to me and I've not compressed the springs beyond how the come from Feal, 3mm spring preload.

The spherical bearing setup on their front is a nice option and really what sold me on them. Just wish I could get the front a little lower.

BFCC538A-3EC9-4B44-A939-98EA228FE26F_zpsb1qnwpjc.jpg

79101CAA-9A2C-4013-98E6-E4EE6FA76870_zpszsrpgrll.jpg

797E8A75-A0EF-4943-A414-0E6346548D27_zpsjlvxagza.jpg

More to come!

Last edited:
So I rev my car out to 10000 quite a bit and my alt. does not enjoy that high rpm. I was on Kiggly's site and seen the 1G alt pulley he has available to slow the alt. down but still charge the system at idle. I knew the pulley was a bit different but thought I could machine it and possibly make it work for my 2G. Well I was right and it is able to be modified to work for a 2G. The 1G pulley has an ID of a .590" and the 2G requires that ID to be .670" so that's achievable. Next you need to make a spacer to get the offset to where it needs to be in order for the pulleys to line up. This spacer need to be .900"OD x .670" ID x .145" I made mine out of brass. Now the only thing I can see that might be a concern but I was fine with it, is the spacer you add to move the pulley out in order to line up with the other takes .145" of thread engagement away but there's still plenty of tread left to hold the pulley on. I used a dab of red loctite just for added insurance. Now the belt needs to be 9/16" wide and 40" long (I've got to confirm this over the weekend but I'm pretty sure that's the length that will work, oh and I also run a fluid damper and they're a bit bigger then OEM, so If you're running a stock size harmonic balancer the belt will need to be a bit smaller.

Here's what it looks like.

Left is the stock pulley and right is Kiggly's 1G modified.

58A30AA1-A455-4E29-9A6E-7504A682E8AA_zpspoyyc7ge.jpg

F5488D89-8D17-4BEE-85AD-1F2825837C6C_zpsyzejgsqz.jpg

nice job on your ride, i"ve had mine 3 yrs not even close to looking that good.hows performance time now?

I haven't had the car to the track in a couple of years but it's been 10.55@135 with a fp3065 weighting 3200lbs. Hoping to get back there this year and if everything goes as planned, It should be in the 9's but time will tell. My 80-100mph times with link are under 1 sec. so it's making pretty good power. Also going to be dynoing the car in a couple months and will be able to try a couple different things to see where I end up power wise, I've only been on one dyno ever and that was bout 6 years ago and in 2WD.

Thanks for the kind words!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back