The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build 95 GSX 800hp street monster Fp6466hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little update for those who might have been following the car, I've still got it and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. I've sold some stuff off the car but nothing too big. Planning on going back to a fp3052 or fp3065 size setup. Maybe even a green as I have an old one I could have rebuilt. I ran around at the 500hp range for years and the car was a hoot to drive so thats the setup I plan to mimic again. Also going to pull the halo bar portion of my cage out as it's more of a safety hazard with no helmet and being only street driven.

So if anyone has a lead on either turbo I mentioned shoot me a pm and also if anyone is interested in my Fp6466 I'm looking to sell it. It's basically new if interested pm me I can get you details

Time heals all wounds........LOL

Like you all might of guessed, I sorta like Mitsubishi and really have a soft spot for dsm's. I couldn't bring myself to strip it down to a shell, the car's to mint to that. I will eventually sell the car to the right person at a power level that is usable on the street. But I'm aways away from that day.

I really just f***in like this car too much to strip it down. I've so much shit for these cars built up over the years it won't be to big an issue to put back to an enjoyable and somewhat reliable power level. So that's the plan for now.

I've still got both evo's and the dsm, so this might of been a bad financial decision LOL

Hey man I have owned my DSM to this day since 1999. I know the feeling after owning and selling two beautiful E36 M3s,about to sell my beloved AMGC55,and contemplating selling my stock Audi B5S4. Too much invested in the DSM ,so hard to sell it!! All my other cars are a 1000x's more comfortable. Something about owning a DSM.

So the fp3788 is just too much turbo for the street, totally unusable power range and stressed driveline parts more then I'm comfortable with. So I'm going back to a setup that was fun and although I still plan to make 600hp I can only hope there's no trans issues, but there really shouldn't be as I drove around for 4-5 summers with my fp3065 with my old shep stg3 and car never missed a beat. I stand a better chance with the trans I have now with the cooler/filter setup and all Jon@TRE shot peening and gear detailing ect, it's going to take all I can throw at it.

I'm planning on having a DSM86HTA built as I have a compressor wheel and comp housing already from a previous setup. I was thinking of a DSM black but not into the 8cm hotside if they could put the setup in their 9cm SS housing I'd be all over it.

DSM86HTA is one of the best street/strip setup IMO. I've experienced many different setups in a similar size frame turbo over the years and I really liked the Fp bolton housing the best. Also like the WG placement and how compact the setup is with fp's exh mani.

Looking to start playing with the old pig again. Selling the 6466 and looking for something in the fp3065 range. That's when I enjoyed the car, and the trans wasn't always broke LOL.

It was good to take some time away, starting to miss her again LOL

I'll be updating as we get closer to spring up here. Stay tuned

LOL I know I know.....but I'm getting to old and honestly scared to break this god damn new TRE trans. My car was a hoot with a 60mm size turbo so I'm going back to my roots as crazy as that sounds.

FYI my past turbos: fp3065 in their fp30 hotside - fp3582 in their fp30 hotside- fp3586 in both their fp30 hot side and T3 hotside(fp30 way better on the street, T3 obviously more hp too laggy)- fp3788 stupid laggy in their .85ar T3

My car ran a 10.65 @ 136 with a slipping clutch with the 3065 and that was by far when it was the funnest to drive. I never had the 3582 long enough to like or not but i did like the 3586(in their fp30 hotside) but not worth the lag as the 3065 hit damn near as hard IMO.

Last edited:
I've looked at that but I'd love to find a 3065 in like new cond, I know they're out there somewhere I hope LOL. I really don't want to buy a new hta3076 if I can avoid it.

I've got a 71HTA which is just a 68HTA on my evo8 and man it reminds me of my old fp green I had when I first picked my car up in Florida. I really like having boost in the 3000-3500 range the torque it develops instantly is a blast and makes street driving way more fun. I'm use to getting pulled off the light but come screaming by as soon as boost and torque comes in on all my past turbo setups as they were all big and didn't spool like the 71hta does(3065 was closest) its like a damn little V8. But not enought steam up top IMO.

There was a fp3065 for sale in here a few days ago....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back