The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build 95 GSX 800hp street monster Fp6466hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah Ceedawg the fire did suck but shit happens. I'm ready for a fire now I assure you LOL

So I installed my 3g brake booster and MBC so my brembo brakes will work as intended. I also used my 2G res and not the 3G res that comes mounted too the 3G MBC. The two inlet ports have the same diameter as the 2G MBC so I was able the swap everything from my 2G res over without an issue. I also used my original brake lines, I just couched them into place, wasn't too bad. Also as ceedawg points out in the next couple posts, the flares are different from the 2G (double flare) to the 3G (DIN/ISO bubble). I should of pointed that out in my above post as I was more interested in seeing if I could get the lines manipulated into place without kinking them, knowing I would have to re-flare them to work properly.

1EFBADF4-73DA-4E4B-9BE0-3D1177B76D6D_zpsromtwei9.jpg

Last edited:
Been wanting one of these for some time now, finally found one lightly used and with the line kit. This will make launching the car so much better IMO.
Above picture was before I installed the staging brake, I'll update it with the staging brake line kit installed later. Also that's blue making tape on my floor mat.

067B6645-6477-438E-928E-1403C4FC9B87_zpsior9sguw.jpg

D43B64C6-7A3A-413D-8EE2-B56B9767FCC7_zps1dpknf33.jpg

Last edited:
Nice I'm gonna install my 3g master too and hope to user the stock lines of not I'll do s.s my new project might have bad lines.

The lines are easy to manipulate just make sure you maintain a large radius when you bend the lines so not to kink them. They're more maleable then I thought too.

You damn ricers and your stanced cars! Everything has to be so low! Haha, just kidding :) I ordered my set of Feals and they said if it doesn't go as low as you'd like they can make alterations for you. Now, the guy was referencing a 1g but it can't hurt to give them a call and see what they can do for you.

First time stumbling across this build and I am IMPRESSED! Really CLEAN car, dude. This makes me want to skip work and head over to my garage to finish up repairs on mine :hellyeah:

Stanced..... you can go **** yourself LOL (jk) I ******* despise those cars/fads. Sorta pisses a guy off to buy coilovers too get the car as low as I'm looking only to have the front slammed and it be higher then the strut/spring combo I removed LOL. I'm certainly not going for the stanced look but having the option to go lower then my strut/spring would of been nice. I've already been speaking with Oli and I'm aware of what can be done to my front setup. I'm waiting till I get the car off jack stands and get my BBS wheels back on the car. I had to put them on my evo x as my enkies had to go on my wifes MKZ(they fit great and her winter tire setup got a flat) I've got to buy tires for my summer rims for the evo then I can get the BBS wheels back on my eclipse. I wasn't happy with the wheel gap I was getting with my 17" SSR wheels I've had on the car for the past 5-6 years but the 18" BBS are a bit bigger and hopefully won't look as bad.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was really concerned about the front wheel gap that I heard of from online folk. I just wasn't willing to have large wheel gap in front even though it's a great product. Thankfully, the guy said the 1g shouldn't have those issues like the 2g does.

Yeah Ceedawg the fire did suck but sh** happens. I'm ready for a fire now I assure you LOL

So I installed my 3g brake booster and MBC so my brembo brakes will work as intended. I also used my 2G res and not the 3G res that comes mounted too the 3G MBC. The two inlet ports have the same diameter as the 2G MBC so I was able the swap everything from my 2G res over without an issue. I also used my original brake lines, I just couched them into place, wasn't too bad.

View attachment 330610
Nice job. Love your work. Those stock flare fittings though are the wrong fittings for the 3G MC. They will screw in but they will not seat right. You need to use the fittings from a 3G to seat properly. Just fyi.

Nice job. Love your work. Those stock flare fittings though are the wrong fittings for the 3G MC. They will screw in but they will not seat right. You need to use the fittings from a 3G to seat properly. Just fyi.

Very true, I bought the flare kit and fittings and redone my stock lines. Cost less then new lines, look stock and simpler to do without removing the intake mani. and stuff.

Thanks ceedawg!

Very good point about that and at that point I hadn't bleed the lines yet as I was waiting for the staging brake to come. I did come across that, the different flare, in my research and had to source the right fittings for the master to work with the STM line kit to install the staging brake. Surprisingly it didn't leak the week I waited the brake and fittings as I already bench bleed the master before installing it.

Here's how it looks with the right fittings and lines installed.

B3FCE889-BAE7-4B4E-BD12-F6CB0AD3BF4D_zpsdsbrtj0e.jpg

So I'm finally switching my boost controller from a manual to electronic, link controlled boost. So I mounted the Ingersoll valve to a small bracket I fabbed up and a piece of aluminum, to my rad support. It worked out pretty good, as this is where I needed it, nice and close to my WG. I'm picking up the fittings and line to finish installing it this weekend. Here's what I got so far.

2E5C4C65-3791-46F4-8F4F-3C9A3D5DC136_zps7swleuyk.jpg

83CEB15A-DDFD-4055-9736-F52B91BCD23A_zps1qqxjmr8.jpg

Here's the finished product, this is looking in with the Dr side headlight missing.

ACF38310-7BE3-413C-8C27-A5AE713120F2_zps9wl27att.jpg

D287FB2D-83A1-43EC-8AEA-D1FD87313360_zpse0saxctz.jpg

36665878-CFA5-4709-B3AA-E816D6CBC5B4_zpsrmgtp7gu.jpg

Last edited:
I'm switching my CC set over to a Calan can with two -10 in and one -12 out, all black fittings and black wrinkle on the can. Here's the Fp intake I actually bought by accident couple years ago, didn't notice the fitting welded on :ohdamn: from the way it was laying in the picture, and bought it. At the time I wasn't too pissed as I knew I was eventually going to run one of Calan's CC and this would be used then. Who ever did the fab work did a nice job. I should receive the CC in 2-3 weeks, I can still run my vented Front line fab CC if I get the car out before. It's starting to warm up and get nice up here and my cars is for once not broke, it usually is this time of year or in a million pieces from me changing something.

5B9A4B7A-F7A9-4619-933B-7F4D400AA840_zpsqtxint3m.jpg

0EC7DE62-0545-47DE-99AE-CBCEC36F880D_zpsr0b7gust.jpg

Last edited:
Used some loom and 3:1 heat shrink to get the line kit to blend in behind my intake. I hate the look of a bunch of stainless lines run every which way, with the loom they hide pretty good, you can't see them at all.

95928861-8EA6-4838-B4E9-E2520704AE6C_zpsh5hxsvtv.jpg

Last edited:
I'm switching my CC set over to a Calan can with two -10 in and one -12 out, all black fittings and black wrinkle on the can. Here's the Fp intake I actually bought by accident couple years ago, didn't notice the fitting welded on :ohdamn: from the way it was laying in the picture, and bought it. At the time I wasn't too pissed as I knew I was eventually going to run one of Calan's CC and this would be used then. Who ever did the fab work did a nice job. I should receive the CC in 2-3 weeks, I can still run my vented ******** fab CC if I get the car out before. It's starting to warm up and get nice up here and my cars is for once not broke, it usually is this time of year or in a million pieces from me changing something.

check out the mishimoto baffled catch cans and cheaper if you buy it from amazon.

https://www.mishimoto.com/compact-baffled-oil-catch-can-3-port.html

I like it because it's easier to place than the calan catch can which I sold. And it's engineered like a BEAST!

Last edited:
check out the mishimoto baffled catch cans and cheaper if you buy it from amazon.

https://www.mishimoto.com/compact-baffled-oil-catch-can-3-port.html

I like it because it's easier to place than the calan catch can which I sold. And it's engineered like a BEAST!

They're just too small for my liking. With my FF can gone there's all kinds of room. I've already committed on the switch and -10 and -12 an fittings aren't cheap so it's happening LOL. I do like those mishimoto cans tho if it was bigger and had a configuration that would work with my -10 I already have on my valve cover, I'd have considered it. Seems to me they don't offer 2x-10 in and -12 out either.

Been a little hesitant to post my most recent mod ha ha. Some serious rice taken place here LOL
So my trans cooler/lubricator has an inline filter on the suction side before it enters the cooler, pump ect.
If the filter is to clog or start to clog it's going to limit fluid output obviously, so I've been trying to come up with something that I could check easily with just popping the hood. I sourced this piece of acrylic online and drilled and tapped it for a couple of 1/2" barb fittings but found it hard to see without a flash light. So I went on ebay and bought this small red led light that runs off the pumps power and lets me see the oil flow pretty easy.

Last edited:
It may be a bit ricey looking but serves a damn important role,

Starting to turn the boost up on this Fp6466, and it's ready to party.....WOW LOL

The new TRE Stg 4 trans is the best shifting transmission I've felt and I've had a few shep boxs. Jons boxes just falls into gear, shifts effortlessly at high rpm, I'm very pleased. Cooler seems to be keeping temps down pretty good about 30 degrees or so cooler then the engine is running at. I'm running redline 75w140ns in the trans too this year.

2531EAC8-05F0-4C0C-AC1C-AB05D865C1BB_zpshjtnx008.jpg

I'll try and get some video too soon.

Last edited:
Welp this post isn't gonna bring any likes LOL

Sad day boys :( bought an evo 8 and I'm going to be parting out my car over the summer. Its just too ignorant and not practical for me anymore, as I'm getting older and at the power level its at I just don t enjoy it.
Now's a good time to part it as everything is basically like new, TRE stg 4 trans has 300 breakin miles, clutch just passed its break in miles and ready to go, Fp6466 has maybe 800-900 easy miles and has always had the fp black filter. I've got so much stuff, parts built up over the years its just ridiculous really.

I'll be slowly adding stuff the the partout thread all summer but if there's something you'd like shoot me a pm and we can discuss.

I plan on pulling the cage out of the car and putting it back to basically stock as the body is minty mint, never been out of Florida till i bought it. Sell all the high hp parts. I'm not parting the shell as of yet.

Stay on the look out for my partout thread.

Shane

Last edited:
It's loud, it's power band is NOT street friendly, it's cramped with the roll cage. See the problem is I bought an Evo X couple years ago and I so much rather that now, it's got me spoiled. So the 8 I bought has just under 500hp and a lot of quality parts, Se interior, sunfoof, ac, quiet, just a win win. I really use to like the car but I've built it into something that is just too much and more race car. So the only way I can keep sane is buy an evo 8 or 9 to keep me occupied and part out my eclipse slowly.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back