The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build 95 GSX 800hp street monster Fp6466hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah, it's like the current thought that when you make a certain amount of money (say $60-80,000 per year) that happiness doesn't increase after that. Sometimes things just get too complicated and you loose track of what made you happy in first place..or you just change as a person.

This is exactly the reason why I don't want to switch to E85 and go for more power in my Dsm. I am keeping my DSM at the sub 500 hp level because I realized when owning my evo 9 (Ironically) I enjoy driving these cars more then fixing them. Its an uphill battle to always be managing the power to reliability ratio. I know that if my DSM breaks I will most likely go to a new platform like a Vette, RX7, or buy another Evo. My evo spoiled me as well man. And my buddy keeps tempting me with his white evo 9 RS.

I think what you did is logical, and I hope you enjoy your evo 8 man.

Last edited:
For those who care......at least its prestine. 05 gsr ssl 60000miles southern car. This is just how I bought it.

EDD12BF8-D4FE-4549-A131-102C6966835F_zpsugcbqlrf.jpe

456CCF3A-BAF1-4188-9F53-3F8A6A386F4D_zpsoajrnja5.jpg

52A7D93B-7689-4E2A-BDB0-F37EC55136E5_zps1rgpvrcg.jpg

I've started to pull the eclipse apart, going to slowly sell the parts off over the summer. I've got a ton of good stuff alot basicly new, Transmission stg 4 tre with all bells and whistles, Fp6466 or fp3788 they're same thing. magnus intake, 74mm S90, RCI2200 inj, ect the list is pretty big. LOL

I've got enough parts hoarded over the years to put the car back to stock and that's the plan. Going to remove the roll cage but I'm not parting the shell out.

Last edited:
Thanks. If I never built the eclipse into the unmanageable beast it is today i'd still be driving it and enjoying it but sadly I don't enjoy it at all in its current state. The evo 8 is so much quieter, more room not suffocated by a roll cage, and my god these things handle....it's better then my evo x. I'm sure when I get the eclipse back to stockish power I'll enjoy it again, may sell the car may not.

I know the feeling, when I had my final edition evo it was tough to look back to a near 20 year old platform with no luxuries that is almost scary fast on the street. Sad to see the 2g go but I know you'll take your knowledge and skill onto your evo. Good luck my friend!

Thx Mike! I'm having a real hard time NOT buying anything for it, I'm getting a serious urge too . It's a turbo away from 600 wheel, it has all supporting mods. There's an Fp black in my future I think ha ha.

I'm not selling the car as of yet and when I get the cage out of it and put it back to stock, I know I'm gonna be in love again. I still got a pretty big sweet spot for these damn cars. The form it's in now makes me despise it and the evo x is just putting salt in the wound as it's so much nicer to drive and the 8 is above the 10. This 8 handles like it's on rails.

Last edited:
Sorry didn't mean too . Really the transmission parts being discontinued sealed the deal for me, especially the power it was at, it's just a ticking time bomb. Even fully built trans, at the 750 mark you're playing Russian roulette. Also my kids are scared of it, my wifes hates it with a passion but surprisingly likes the evo she says, I don't know if I believe her.

Last edited:
I agree with you about the transmissions. With parts being harder to get, and things breaking if you look at it wrong its a lose lose battle. Funny is my fiancé only liked riding in my evo also. Hated my old dsm and doesn't really care for this one LOL.

I do get bored to easy and my mind wonders onto the next fun toy. Every time i drive the dsm I am satisfied for a little while.

I've never driven an 8 or 9. My dream is to have a white 9 and I'm afraid once I get that I will turn from my 2g for all the same reasons.

Oh you will, I guarantee it!!! I had a black Evo 9. Absolutely loved every moment of it. only made 350hp also LOL. Only reason I sold it was because of the house purchase, and needing to get things back on track plus renovations etc. After seeing Evo 8's in the 10k-15k range.... I am very tempted.

^^^ Mike Be afraid, very afraid LOL

I want to paint the 8 WW but its going to be hard the damn silver paint on it's like new. I may get the hood painted, don't like carbon hoods on evo's, but silver looks ok i guess. I'm like you and love white on an evo.

When I had my Final Edition evo it was full bolt on Buschur Racing tune and it was so effin nice! Just to be in a quick new car with air conditioning haha! I know a 500hp evo 9 would tear my away from my 2g

Yes the blue is nice too for sure and the BBY is also nice and a pretty rare color.

I used to think the BBY looked ugly in pics. But when i saw my buddies in person, Its actually a good looking color.

When I had my Final Edition evo it was full bolt on Buschur Racing tune and it was so effin nice! Just to be in a quick new car with air conditioning haha! I know a 500hp evo 9 would tear my away from my 2g

Ive been in a couple. They handle on like they are on rails and just love to rev.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back