The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

'92 GSX The 'Baby Beast' - 2.3l HX40 Wire tucked Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOL, you guys should see some of the other pics I got, those would be restricted to the private lounge though. ROFL

Good times, good times... :hellyeah:

Had my wife put my nitrous fuel fittings together.. Forgot to tell her "no toilet tape on fuel fittings..." Oh well ahahah.

DSCF1498.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

Another random pic of my 3rd gen eclipse master cylinder and res setup..

DSCF1502.jpg

Got my 3" 'L' in and the rest of my couplers to finish up the ICP for the enw IC.

IMG_20111223_133945.jpg

IMG_20111223_133101.jpg

Thats a 3"-4" reducer coupler they sent me and it was suppose to be a 3"-3.5" so it can be mated to the 90mm Q45 TB.. They got another on the way so all is well.

My oil return is -12 and and I finally got the pieces in for that as well-

DSCF1738.jpg

DSCF1742.jpg

DSCF2159.jpg

Also with my oil feed fitting my restricter is running Justin's custom specs, the same used in Dave's 9s setup.

DSCF2160.jpg

Next on the list is no pics of the engine bay shave completion and then we can start posting up pics of the wiring. If I find them I might be able to toss up the pics of the auto swap for the rear as well as the AGX GC setup addition.

That's what I meant, I have been looking online everywhere for these. I haven't been able to locate an 3/4 npt 45 degree hose barbed fitting. Sorry for the confusion.

Huh? I just see a 45* hose barb fitting.

Unfortunately when customizing things like this, its never that simple LOL.

I actually found it on Ebay. My fitting is a -10an to -12an which is VERY close to a 1/2 NPT to a 3/4" barb. A hard size to find but I found it and cost around $10 or so.. That link Calan gave you wont help at all because like most places they don't have it listed. I got lucky but if I can find yo the actual part number and or company I got it from, hopefully I can help.

I saw the teflon tap on an fittings and it almost drove me crazy hahah. Women hahaha... Nice build man, looks like you have alot of pride in your work n it def shows.

Are you gonna keep some of the braces to support the steering rack ? This is what I left after the Vassil bar install..Nice build BTW..:thumb:

Attachments

• north southedit.JPG
    north southedit.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,338
Unfortunately when customizing things like this, its never that simple LOL.

I actually found it on Ebay. My fitting is a -10an to -12an which is VERY close to a 1/2 NPT to a 3/4" barb. A hard size to find but I found it and cost around $10 or so.. That link Calan gave you wont help at all because like most places they don't have it listed. I got lucky but if I can find yo the actual part number and or company I got it from, hopefully I can help.

I didn't even pay attention to the barb size. It was a long day. :)

Also with my oil feed fitting my restricter is running Justin's custom specs, the same used in Dave's 9s setup.

DSCF2160.jpg

What size restrictor is that exactly? and is it built into the 90* fitting shown here?
Are you going to be running -4 AN Lines?

This build is badass! Cant wait for more updates!
:hellyeah:

What size restrictor is that exactly? and is it built into the 90* fitting shown here?
Are you going to be running -4 AN Lines?

This build is badass! Cant wait for more updates!
:hellyeah:

The exact specs are a little blurry in my mind but they are the racing/performance specs specially done by Justin, the same used in Dave's record setting setup. He's the best guy to goto for your Holset needs!

I have lots of updates to post btw just been waiting on getting home to my memory card to load them as well as a member on here who I bought some auto parts from getting around to getting me the axle cups to the rear end.

Love this thread. Im really concidering doing an auto swap/hx 40 set up on my gst since my t
re tranny is pouring out fluid and my car has never ran right with my fp3082 hta. I have everything but the bep housing to swap in my hx 40 for my gst but I amy really scared of working in the transmission.
Subscribed.

More updates comin fellas. Good weather is back upon us and I am again back in town for a while for work so starting next week I will be back out there going to town.

I've been waiting on the guy who I bought the rear end from to get ahold of me to get the axle cups but SIX MONTHS LATER I still can't get ahold of him to get them. I haven't checked the classifieds too hard but when I did I didn't see any. Regardless, I paid for them when I bought the other parts and it makes no sense to pay again. Also I was suppose to be getting the rear bumper/lights etc. So that reminds me I need to call him up. He was busy before and gave me a few dates to hit him up to come get em but then those days came and all I could get is the answering machine.

Either way, first things first is finishing the glaze work in the engine bay and then repainting it. With the warm weather I might get lucky this time around and I can do the rear end and suspension swap while everything else is drying reinstall the trans.

Literally ALL the parts are here to complete the build minus those axle cups. If I didn't care about the finishing work I could technically have it all together tomorrow and be able to start it up but I rather be completely done.

Stay tuned folks.

BTW, anyone who knows a great place to get the grommets and such that go in the engine bay please let me know so I can order them. I need the 2 that the front brake lines pass through then the 4 rubber stops for the hood and finally the rear cowl weather stripping that goes under the hood near the wipers. The new hardware is in but still a few other small details...

She's not dead, I swear LOL! Been waiting on all my new hardware to come in. Changing everything to black coated allen head bolts and waiting on my Kiggly flexplate to show up.

In the mean time I decided to switch the colors up. WAY too many white and purple engine bays now so I figured I'd spice it up a bit with a splash of blue. Its all about coordination IMO, I have seen some engine bays where they are nicely done but the colors clash. Reds on purples on blacks on blues in off colored cars etc, just doesn't finish right.

BB1.jpg

Its not a show car by any means but I figured I'd have some fun with it. Do you guys like the color scheme? If not any suggestions? Right now I need to send all the purple stuff out to be coated like the blue items were but I need to add the breathers to the VC. Also the BOV will be Purple as well. Right now I am on the look out for new hoses, I have the new gates belt and I'want to find the Purple/Blue HKS cam gears to finish it all off.

BB2.jpg

There is an event coming up on the 10th of July which gives me exactly a month from today to have this bad boy up and rollin. Still had plans to get a TC restalled as well as a forward facing manifold built by the RJR guys but that will have to wait since I'd have to send my turbo in for the mock up.

bb3.jpg

Thinkin about getting those countersunk washers in either blue or purple to put the fenders back on. The towers are the stock units so I sprayed over them but the tops on the GC/AGXs are black (It looks tacky to just spray over the covers and leave it) Still haven't found a place that carries the grommets I need as well but all in due time!

More in depth stuff to come now that I have parts on order and a new deadline, this should be interesting...

BTW the engine bay is 2 toned Gloss/Satin white and does have a SMALL hint of pearl added to it, just to make the color a bit more rich rather than super bright.

More wiring pics coming up later today. Its scorching hot (and will be that way for over a month straight apparently) here in the valley so most of my work is getting done early in the mornings or late at night. (Its light by 6AM and not dark till 9PM so all is well)

I have the fully tucked harness from the black "Raven" shell but figured if I was going to call this a street car then it needed things such as wipers and head lights. (I even opted to keep the popups since 1Ga DSMs with out their pop ups are better off being upgraded to 1Gbs.) So that meant that I'd be doing 2 more harnesses... all over again. :cry: Had to send my sheathing back to the wire loom place because they didn't send the fire retardant specified covering I wanted and all in all the day seemed to be at a loss. I desperately wanna put the dash back in and finish the interior but life is a hell of a lot easier with the dash out and I have yet to mount my crank case vent reservoir inside.

Oh well at least one good thing happened today:

SFI Kiggly Flexplate:

DSC_0324.jpg

I sold my last one and planned to run my dual plates like I did before but got a good deal on this one and once my ARPs come in tomorrow I can hopefully mount it up since the trans will be installed this weekend. Only thing left on it is to weld up my center diff but that's no biggie.

Keep sending those PMs, I appreciate them. For those that asked before, I really don't know what else I can remove from the engine bay. Swapping to auto and moving the coolant and breather catch cans out of the engine bay are about as far out as I can think of. The brakes could go but removing them makes little difference since they are hidden under the MC and UICP.

Always open to pointers. Been preaching wire tucked DDs forever and I guess it was finally time to show what extremes I was talkin' about. If you find a cleaner 1G bay PM then to me or post em up cause I am always lookin' for new ideas.:hellyeah:

Lookin great! :thumb: That engine bay is absolutely SICK!!!:hellyeah: You're doin it all right, so just keep it up. Can't wait till you get this thing up and running. Good luck as always!:)

Lookin great! :thumb: That engine bay is absolutely SICK!!!:hellyeah: You're doin it all right, so just keep it up. Can't wait till you get this thing up and running. Good luck as always!:)

Thanks for the kind words.

She'd be running by this weekend if it wasn't for the wiring stuff. I know a lot of guys are just using regular expandable wire looms and I assume they are people not familiar with racing. Some sanctions wont let you run that stuff. The second they catch on fire they melt right through everything Its a HUGE mess. If they can't get it in time I might soak it in flame retardant like we use to.

I can't wait to show you guys what I have planned for the breather line set up. I think you'll like it.:cool:

Thanks for the kind words.
I can't wait to show you guys what I have planned for the breather line set up. I think you'll like it.:cool:

No problem, you deserve a lot of credit for doing this nice of a build.:applause:

I'm sure the breather line setup will be a thing of beauty too, so I'll be looking forward to seeing that as well.:D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back