The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

90 talon awd operation "clean freak"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90Awd_eagle

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2008
King, North_Carolina
This is my talon that I bought on deployment. I have several goals for the car.

1. Super clean inside and out

2. Keep the car reliable

3. Make decent power on the stock bottom end

4. Keep interior simple and to the point

Attachments

• IMG_0343[1].jpg
    IMG_0343[1].jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0245[1].jpg
    IMG_0245[1].jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Here are a few more it is hard to get them with all the rain lately.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0297-1.jpg
    IMG_0297-1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 188
That turbine housing looks restrictive. (v-band Garrett)

You should look for some casting numbers on the housings and research what you have, but if that is a 7 blade hx35, they are pretty easy to make respectable power with, and reliable, assuming the oiling setup is within holset specs. On top of that, being that you can get bolt on housings pretty cheap for the holsets and the 50-trim turbos, I'd probably lean towards one of those. Just my opinion.

Good find and glad to see a timing belt cover over the cam sprockets.

I'd at least, put that heat shield over the EXH manifold so it doesn't bake the paint off the hood when the thing gets hot.

Here is an update changed jobs to a much better one as a heavy equipment mechanic. My radiator went so I bought a mishimoto during extremepsi's Black Friday sale for 200 shipped. I also got the proper bolts and crush washers for the turbo oil return. Many upgrades to come just bought a walboro 255 pump. I hit fuel cut if I get in it so it's 2g maf or gm maf with a translator. I also need 550 injectors or bigger if I get something to tune the car. I also need to boost test and looking for one currently.

ja9ega4e.jpg
usahydeb.jpg
y4epyhuh.jpg

That's a CX-racing or Punishment Racing 1G FMIC kit. They are better than the VRSF 1g kits, as they are thicker, and have held more power, and are way more resistant to heatsoak and pressure drop. It'll get you where you want to go. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back