The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

6 bolt swap HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallenauthority

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Ok well hi guys, my name is David, Im a DSMaholic, and I have a problem. I am right now swapping a 6 bolt shortblock into my 95 talon with DSMlink and a 2g head. Now im looking at this swap kit from slowboy http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=1053&mods=21-2991,23-2990
Now it says it has everything you need to swap a 6 bolt block with 2g head into my car. But then I keep reading about the CAS needing to be used and rewired, I thought that was only with the 6 bolt head? Please help me clear this up I need to get this finished ASAP. Appreciate the help fellas.

A 1G CAS is what makes the swap possible. Without it, you can't crank up your 6 bolt swapped car.

A 2G 7 bolt engine uses TWO seperate sensors, a Crank Angle Sensor and a Cam Angle sensor.

On a 6 bolt, both sensors are in the 1G CAS.

The 6 bolt oil pump/front case assembly does not have the mounting provisions for the Crank Angle sensor.

Hit your local junkyards and LOOK for a Black lid CAS, if you canot find one get a 91/2 Green Lid.

They cost over $300 Brand New.

Good luck

No it does not. The 2.0L turbo and non turbo uses the same CAS.
The 93-94 Hall Effect CAS does not give you the random miss fire code where as the 90 and 91-92 CAS will. You have DSM Link though, so you can turn off the random miss fire.
About the Hyundai, I'm not sure. I would stick with the E/L/T.

I would try really hard to find yourself a black lid cas from the 93-94 because I just the first one I could find (it was a 91-92 green lid for only $10) and I get random misfires all the time. To try to correct it, I constantly have to get on and off the throttle and can never use cruise. I cant wait until I get dsmlink.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back