The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

499awhp on a 16G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red91gst

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2002
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Just got off the dyno with Curt's 1G and as promised the car made just under 500awhp. This is on a standard E316g internally gated. Standard turbine and compressor wheels, no tricks.

Short Mod List:

High Compression 2.0l
Slightly Ported Head
FP Race Cams
FP Manifold
FP E316G
JMF Intake Manifold
Buschur FMIC
Light Weight Drivetrain Stuff

32psi on C16
Tuned by Me w/ DSMlink

The car will be at the track this Sunday.

Any questions, feel free to ask; But please no "its voodoo magic, didn't happen, impossible, no way in hell, can't be done" posts :).

Attachments

• New Motor 16g.jpg
    New Motor 16g.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 4,741
Any questions, feel free to ask; But please no "its voodoo magic, didn't happen, impossible, no way in hell, can't be done" posts :).

Aww shucks now I cant say what I want to say.... : )

No just kidding, hey thats awsome man. Videos?
And lets see those track times soon. Makes me optimistic with my e316g that I can do a lil something with it.

So from your point of view, tuning aside, whats some things average guys with this turbo need to make anywere near that kind of power. It should be a sticky... Im not asking for you to break down that particular cars setup since I know you wont.

Nice numbers and nice torque curve!!! looks like a fun hard hitting car! I cant wait to see what it does at the track!

If you lived in Cali id have you tune my car!

Care to post a log?

Wow! nice work!!
Throw in some Q16 and and get the 500+hp mark.
How does the car drive around with the monster fp cams? Any down sides to those big fp's?

it cant be done, Nate you are full of it! hahaha!! JK see you tomorrow at the shop more than likely if not I will see you out and about tomorrow night.

Wow! nice work!!
Throw in some Q16 and and get the 500+hp mark.
How does the car drive around with the monster fp cams? Any down sides to those big fp's?

The car drives surprisingly well for the big cams, its Curt's dd after all!

I can't post the logs, but timing was similar to before, 15-16* at peak torque and 22* or so by redline with AFRs in the mid 11s.

Damn thats one sneaky 16g ! And internally gated! Thats very awesome.Might sound dumb but how long do you think that turbo will last with that much boost ? That 16g must be screaming.:thumb: Maybe when i get my car back together you can help me tune my car ! ;) Im only in va .Lol

Holy hell, how much to tune. And how far away are you!!! Thats just nuts.

James :laser::talon:

By the way You guys have a sweet 2g .I remember seeing you guys at the gmu meet .Im part of team-trinity.Again sweet #s on the 16g

Awesome tuning my friend. I'm impressed. There's some bullcrap arguing going around right now in Dallas because the owner of the forums (dallasdsm.org) made some bad ass power with a 16g and e85.... and then people start trying to call it magic and voodoo... etc etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back