The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

300whp goal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shamrokk

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
I am trying to plan out my engine build and would like some more opinions and ideas. I have a 95 gst with a 91 6bolt swap. Current mods are a fmic, bov, 3in catback exhaust, ported 14b turbo, and a dnp turbo manifold. Future plans are dsm link, a 2.5 or 3in downpipe, redoing my ic plumbing, and a ss fuel feed line. Does anyone know about where this would put me and what else I'd need to meet my 300whp goal?

I'd guess your around 250hp if its all running right. For 300hp+ you will need ecmlink, wideband sensor, e316 turbo, bigger injectors (<650s) and larger fuel pump. That will get you there for sure.

I figured I'd need a 190lph fuel pump. Trying to avoid a different turbo and injectors for simpler and more reliable tuning. And a wideband is a given, just didn't list it because technically it's not needed, you're simply stupid if you don't get one, but you can pull it off without.

I am trying to plan out my engine build and would like some more opinions and ideas. I have a 95 gst with a 91 6bolt swap. Current mods are a fmic, bov, 3in catback exhaust, ported 14b turbo, and a dnp turbo manifold. Future plans are dsm link, a 2.5 or 3in downpipe, redoing my ic plumbing, and a ss fuel feed line. Does anyone know about where this would put me and what else I'd need to meet my 300whp goal?

No benchracing is allowed.

That being said, sell your DNP Manifold, get a stock 2g manifold and buy DSMLink and a Downpipe.

I figured I'd need a 190lph fuel pump. Trying to avoid a different turbo and injectors for simpler and more reliable tuning. And a wideband is a given, just didn't list it because technically it's not needed, you're simply stupid if you don't get one, but you can pull it off without.

Just get a 255 and be done with it. A 14b isn't going to be any more "simple" to tune than a 16g. You will need bigger injectors to make your goal safely, you can get a set of 650's for cheap and they will do you just fine.

Not trying to benchrace. Just trying to get my build planed out and would like some advice from people who have already done it or more with personal experiance. Aso why would you say drop the dnp?

I've heard good things about fp's cast mani. But I haven't heard anything bad about dnp. So what's wrong with them?

Nothings "wrong" with the DNP. Its just something that you dont need and can put that money elsewhere. A stock 2g manifold has been proven well beyond your goals. If I were you, I would sell it and reallocate the money.

Ok, that makes sense. So I'm guessing a 16g is what I'd need for 300whp. I saw someone earlier mention a big 16g. Out of curiousity what performance can be achieved out of a 14b? Without cams, internals,and headwork that is?

There are many, many, many threads on that subject, just do a simple search and you will find all you need.

I'd guess your around 250hp if its all running right. For 300hp+ you will need ecmlink, wideband sensor, e316 turbo, bigger injectors (<650s) and larger fuel pump. That will get you there for sure.
14b can get 300whp, no need for a 16g if thats all he wants.

Just get a 255 and be done with it. A 14b isn't going to be any more "simple" to tune than a 16g. You will need bigger injectors to make your goal safely, you can get a set of 650's for cheap and they will do you just fine.
with a 255, a Aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator is needed, Run a Evo IX Stock pump and rewire. These run 205lph and no need for a regulator.

I'd run an Evo IX fuel pump, 550/560cc injectors, the 14b with a 7cm hotside instead of the 6, 3" exhaust, and a Hallman boost controller. Maybe some 264 cams. And ECMLink since it's nice to have and you should have the 95 EPROM ECU in your car already.

I'd run an Evo IX fuel pump, 550/560cc injectors, the 14b with a 7cm hotside instead of the 6, 3" exhaust, and a Hallman boost controller. Maybe some 264 cams. And ECMLink since it's nice to have and you should have the 95 EPROM ECU in your car already.

You beat me to it, I was about to say the same thing.

I didn't read your profile to be honest, but if you haven't I'd plan on getting a new clutch, head gasket, and head studs to play safe. I'd personally run a act 2100 with 2600 pressure plate.

I'd replace the head gasket with a composite since you aren't running that much at 300whp and it holds up to a lot more than that. But as for which ARP headstuds to get I'm drawing a blank on all of them besides the L19s which if I recall correctly are major overkill for the suggested set up. I'd look into those if I were you.

I just dont get why people become infactuated with a particular horse power mark. I think its more important to run components that are well matched and tuned well then trying to push for a particular number.

I just dont get why people become infactuated with a particular horse power mark. I think its more important to run components that are well matched and tuned well then trying to push for a particular number.

Most people will set a goal and build toward said goal. Be it hp mark, et on the track, or whatever suits their needs. For 300whp, people have pretty much nailed it. Ecu tune, injectors, fuel pump, boost controller and a logger to make sure you don't go boom. If u have a problem getting to 300 on the 14b u can always upgrade the turbo later and already have all the other things u need.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I think a 14b is more than capable of 300hp. This is the list i have in mind that can help you reach that goal.

* Walbro 255hp rewired.
* 750cc Injectors.
* AFPR
* Boost controller.
* DSMlink.

These items will play a big part in reaching that HP. As other members have stated, you can sell your DMP mani for extra cash and use a 2g mani. With the extra cash you can fund for the fp, injectors etc...

Hope this helps!

I'm not in a rush to get it all done. So I'm not worried about trying to get cash together. I'm working on suspension atm, just trying to get a gameplan down for the engine build.

93 octane will probably get you there. E85 for sure. If you're going to run 91 octane, you may or may not hit that goal without cams. A 16g would probably be easier and more efficient than a 14b. The smaller 14b will run hotter and your underhood temps will be higher.

Ok, I do have access to 93oct and thats what I run now. The 14b has been ported so maybe that will help a bit. And I may upgrade later on. 2 questions. 1. What modification is needed to run e85. 2. Would you suggest a 3 inch or 2.5 inch downpipe?

If you plan on running E-85 You need bigger injectors ( I would go 1000cc) and a bigger fuel pump (255). 3 inch downpipe would be better IMO, just in case you plan on going bigger later.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back