The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Upper Door Trims Window Trim [Merged 5-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the upper and lower window trim on my 2g is fading and needs rplacement. I know machv carries both but everything they sell seems expensive compared to other sites. Does anyone else carry these parts at a decent price?

And also has anyone tried refinishing these on there own? Would their be any type of paint that would match up to the stock trim?

Try Back to Black by Mothers. If it is not too bad, it will work. Mine is all rotted beyond repair so I have to replace them. You CAN paint them, but every body shop I've been too said that they won't warranty the paint work on the rubber pieces, especially the ones on the quarter window. Try your local dealership or one of the vendors on here.

i bought mine from machv when i first bought the car, just the lower trim, it's deff. a good purchase instead of just painting them and is alot cheaper then any dealer will sell them for also I believe they're the only vendor that sells them that I know of.

I am having this problem:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And I am looking for a new replacement for the molding. I found "Drip mouldings" online, part #7 in the pic, and I am wondering if that's the same thing as the door moulding, or if that's some part underneath.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sorry if this belongs in another forum...

Needing to replace my driprails (96 gst) but not sure how to remove/install... I see some clips on the inside but I don't want to do something stupid, hoping someone who's dunnit can tell me how to get the old ones off..???

thanks in advance...

So I have a little problem with my 97 Eclipse. The molding/trim around the door frame where the glass meets up with is leaking a little bit. Is there anyway to fix it without going out and buying new trim? Its not leaking a ton but when I was the car and such I see it leaking a couple drops here and there.

Yea the window is all the way up. I'm positive.

I guess the weatherstripping or whatever is just really old and needs to be replaced but I'd prefer not to buy that unless I need to.

I've read a few threads about the upper door trim and its habbit of peeling away. Right now that's the ugliest part of my car. It seems like a few have tried painting, but it peels away only a few months down the road. So I had the idea of using rubberized coating that they sell in rattle cans. Has anyone tried this? If not, think it would hold up?

I'm just trying to avoid buying new ones for now, so if anyone has other ideas please feel free to contribute. Thanks!

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...=7&catalogid=2

Parts Numbers:
Left Side - MB881973 (Drip Moulding, LH)
Right Side - MB881974 (Drip Moulding, RH)

Parts Numbers:
Left Side - MB914045 (Window Belt Line Moulding, LH)
Right Side - MB914046 (Window Belt Line Moulding, RH)

just incase you gotta get new ones, i think this was from when me or my brother replace ours. if it helps here ya go. if not sorry:confused:

I'm just trying to avoid buying new ones for now, so if anyone has other ideas please feel free to contribute. Thanks!
Honestly, consider buying them before they become discontinued. Take it from a 1g guy with door molding issues. :sosad:

Does anyone know what the trim pieces were originally coated with? This material although obvioulsy wears in time, has lasted for some time as some of these cars are now almost 20 years old plus would add the stock feel/look back to our cars instead of the painted chrome fade look haha.

I replaced mine about 5 years ago and the key is to not ever use armor all/ jerry curl or anything like it, it makes it dry up and crack after time unless you keep a bottle of jerry curl in your car to keep it wet. j/k
-1 for armor all/ jerry curl products
they make a mess and suck to clean up

Cool, thanks for the replies! I think I'll try either rubberized coating or truck bed-liner on them and see how it holds up. If it doesn't, I'll buy new ones!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back