The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Upper Door Trims Window Trim [Merged 5-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think it'll eventually rust, which is what I'm worried about with mine even though I left most of the plastic on there.

clearcoat it so it doesnt rust. just an idea. might work

thanks devlish, ill definitely do that...but will water creep inside the car without the trim? :talon:

well if you going to take out the trim the dors will have a gap and it will make lots of noice if ur going faster then 60mph. plus u might get water in ur car. i had to replace my cuz it was broken and i was always getting some water inside

most likely, thats why its there. mine is starting to crack a little bit, when its real bad, i'll paint it and clear it :thumb:

2GTsi311 said:
thanks devlish, ill definitely do that...but will water creep inside the car without the trim? :talon:

i was only solving the rusting problem... no idea if water will come in. my guess is YES

Hey, I know that this question has been asked quite a few times on here, but what can I do to fix this? It's been peeling for awhile now and it really stands out on my car. Can I some how remove it and paint it? Or even tape off the rest of the car around it and paint it? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• WindowTrimming.JPG
    WindowTrimming.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,251
i have the same problem any ideas/suggestiongs would be great

i bought new weatherstripping from the dealer. Best visual mod i have done for my car. Dont paint it, the weatherstripping is a metal with rubber layering it. The rubber is probably dry rotted, painting it will not be a worthwhile solution, www.machv.com also sells the weatherstripping. If you need to know how to remove it PM me or ask me to post how to....

i also had the same problem on my passenger door, the rubber was goen and the metal wore through. I also went to the dealer and ordered the piece which was actually a great deal only $36.00 :thumb: I woulndt paint it its not worth it looking worse...

Got mine at a local junkyard $2, looks almost new, so it actually matches the rest of the pieces.

Jake

what do you mean they sell stuff that works on the chrome??? The point is there will still be a big gap, the chrome has rubber on top of it that extends past the end of the chrome, therefore with the rubber off of the chrome, it wont look right and you will have gaps...

AdoreGSX said:
i bought new weatherstripping from the dealer. Best visual mod i have done for my car. Dont paint it, the weatherstripping is a metal with rubber layering it. The rubber is probably dry rotted, painting it will not be a worthwhile solution, www.machv.com also sells the weatherstripping. If you need to know how to remove it PM me or ask me to post how to....

That would be great if you could post how to remove it as im gonna be doing this soon.

Well, I guess I'll end up going with Mach V for the Replacements. $64 for the left and right set. :thumbdown Oh well. I might try and hit up a Junkyard though and hope to get lucky. Do they just pull right off?

18 a peice is a damn good price...

here is how to remove it, it is quite simple, I might just write up a faq in a little while b/c so many people are reluctant to just rip it off. So, right under the weatherstripping which you are wishing to remove, You will see a rubberish seal, grab the seal with both your hands (pinch) and just pull it out, thats right just pull it out. Your going to pull this out all along the top and as you get to the end be careful as the ends are actually connected to the frame. You dont have to completely remove the seal. After you do this, you will plainly see the 12 (i think) screws that you have to remove. Just remove the screws, take off the weather stripping (there are 2 parts to what you are taking off, you need to take off the old peice out of its shaft and replace the new peice in the shaft, then retrace your steps and after the stripping is screwed back into place, carefully and methodically remold the windows, sometimes it is tricky to get the molding right into place but it is quite possible and after you figure out the method its a breeze. Anymore questions i'll be happy to answer.

I know this thread is a year old but there's some bad info in it and I didn't want the people reading it to think it's true and waste their time. If you go to partznet.com, good luck finding anything. They have Honda, Nissan, Jeep, Chrystler, Scion, and Toyota, but NO Mitsubishi to choose from and seemingly no way to get to it. You can somhow get to it by going here though http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...=1998&graphicID=6226440&callout=7&catalogid=2 But they dont cost $17. They are $47.62.

Some more misinformation.

Conicelli Mitsubishi (partznet) is no more, so even going through trademotion isn't going to get you anywhere.

I can't find the upper trim for $17 or $47 dollars a piece, but I did find them for $23.04. This was using Rockville Mitsubishi's online order system.

Parts Numbers:
Left Side - MB881973 (Drip Moulding, LH)
Right Side - MB881974 (Drip Moulding, RH)

As far as the lower trim, I believe I found it for $41.59, same place. CAPS is a little vauge as far as the diagram goes, but these numbers should be right.

Parts Numbers:
Left Side - MB914045 (Window Belt Line Moulding, LH)
Right Side - MB914046 (Window Belt Line Moulding, RH)

As a pair, MachV wants $64 for the upper trim while Mitsu wants $46.08.
For the lower trim, it's $109 versus Mitsu's $83.18.

Your choice.
Ryan

The :dsm: Part Numbers for the Eclipse Spyder are

MR155221, LH
MR155222, RH

I paid 26.87 Can. each.

Ross.

I just completed this on my 95 Talon...it's well worth it. I paid $46cdn per side and the entire process may have taken 30mins...if that to install them.
Originally, I had just stripped the plastic and painted them in the past, but it still didn't look right for some reason. Now I am much happier with the results of replacing them. :thumb:

Difficulty Factor: 0.5/5

Ive searched and couldnt find a detailed way to remove the ouside trim that go around the windows on a 2g. I just got a paint job and the old trim looks horrible on the car so I am ordering new trim but I am not sure how to remove the old and replace the new trim. Is there anywhere where they have a detailed instructions on how to remove this nasty trim and get the new trim on? By the way its the outside trim that sits on top of the window and also the bottom trim thats underneathe the window. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back