The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Upper Door Trims Window Trim [Merged 5-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've looked and looked and looked some more, AND the only place I know of is SATAN ... YUP you will have to take a trip to HELL to get those and they are rather expensive!
It seems to me that all 2Gs have this problem ... several of my boys have the same S**TY window trim and can't seem to find away to make it look better!
GOOD LUCK ... if you find somewhere else cheaper let me know!

If you're talking about the trim that goes over the top of the driver/passenger side windows, just go to your local Mitsubishi Dealership. Yeah, it's kind of a last resort thing but they are only like $58 each, not bad considering it's from the dealer, and it will look a lot better when it's done.

If anyone is interested in getting new door trims..check out these before and after pics...

Attachments

• eclipse 0001.jpg
    eclipse 0001.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 5,149
That looks great... I tried painting mine with the special paint they have, but it's only been a few months and already it is showing the silverish metal. I think it's time go for new. By the looks of your car, it turned out great and made the difference... :thumb:

yea i got mine from machv.com and it really does make a difference...somtimes the littlest things on ur car can make the biggest difference...no lie...ive already had compliments with the trims because that was probably the only flaw my car had:thumb: ....other than the no traction fwd that is.... btw....i think it was like 81 dollars total for the driver and passenger side trims shipped from cali to delaware took a bout a week to get them and about 45 min to install....when installing u get no instrucions so its pretty much a win lose situation if anyone plans on installing them PM me first or IM me on aim Jtb8711 i dont want aynone effing up there trims after i said its worth it.:thumb:

Originally posted by EclipseGST-95
if anyone plans on installing them PM me first or IM me on aim Jtb8711 i dont want aynone effing up there trims after i said its worth it.:thumb:

I'd be interested. Maybe you could post a how-to here?

aight ...supplies you need...puddy :)rolleyes: PUTTY) knife or spackle knife...phillips head screw driver...and of course the new door trims....(doesnt matter which side u start with but pretend im talking about the driver side)...start at the top right corner of the inside insulation just below the old door trims (this is the insulation that the door's window rests against when the door is shut) when pulling the insulation out remember how it went in...pinch and pull a couple inches out at a time...remember leave the bottom left part in (the part that looks like the insulation is held in by little buttoms of some sort i think) and leave the top right corner in so basically take out the insulation as far as the old trims reaches....now that the insulation is pulled out you should see about 10+ screw holding the trims in...after you get the screws out, you should see a piece of metal about as long as the worn down trim is do not take that out that needs to stay in there it holds the insulation in place...the old trim should slide out from behind it but u need to pull it towards the front of the car...once its out u should have your insulation hangin out...and a piece of metal with holes in it (insulation holder) still there....take the new trim slide it behind the metal thing (insulation holder) from the front of the car to the back of the car...make sure the holes on both the insulation holder line up with the new trim and those holes line up with the holes the screws get threded into...should be little white plastic pieces that are mounted into the car...after you line them up you can put the screws back in the screws are all the same so dont worry about which ones went where...dont tighten the screws all the way up just enough so its tight but you can still work with it...also make sure that the little pastic piece is in the end of the trim...i think its so wind doesnt blow all up in it....now that your trim is tightened up, make sure that on the top its not folded over on the roof..if it is, take the spackle knife and run it from the top...where the gap is....to the bottom where the mirror is do it slow so u dont scratch up ur paint kinda pry it out if u will...once that is done tighten up the screws all the way...now start at the top right corner of the insulation and make sure both sides on the top of the insulation thread into the gap on the insulation holder....once u get it started it should be easy goin to the bottom if u want to you can poke at it with the spackle knife...the insulation goes in like the teeth of a zipper if u do it right....if u do it wrong your door wont shut correctly only problem u should have with insulation is putting it back in towards the mirror just because its odd shaped unlike the top of the insulation...other than that, the process is pretty simple....remember my example...thats kinda hard to put into words....is an example of the driver side....ill try to get some pics up but im not ripping my insulation out again cus i have to admit its kinda a bi*** to get back in....good luck

Wow, thanks for putting those instructions together. I'll let you know how it goes when I have the time to do it.:thumb:

Originally posted by dsmturboawd
funny, its 59 dollars at machv while its 17 dollars at the mitsu dealership.

nothing is cheap at machv, theyre even worse than the dealer.

r u sure about that $17?... that doesn't sound right for a dealership...

Originally posted by dsmturboawd
funny, its 59 dollars at machv while its 17 dollars at the mitsu dealership.

nothing is cheap at machv, theyre even worse than the dealer.
im pretty sure the dealership by my house said that they could order from mitsu and it would cost i think 40 each ...im assuming that 80 dollars would include shippin from mitsu...and mach v came to 81 dollars (including the shipping cost) i would rather order from mach v anyway dealerships are always rip offs....read a post the other day someoen said stock radio is like 1000 dollars...the double din one i belive...1000 dollar u can get prob a lcd screen radio..dealerships suck...

I wanted to know if by removing the black window trim from my talon i would be risking the entering of water if raining or any possible damages...it looks like shit from peeling and cracking right now and id rather not paint it so if anyone can give me some feedback i would appreciate it...thanks :talon:

Are you talking about the black plastic trim at the top of the window where the glass tucks under when it's closed? I got a razor blade and cut some of it away because my drivers side glass has a bit of a fitment problem. There's metal underneathe though, so now I'm thinking that was a bad idea. :|

yes, that black plastic/rubber trim at the top(see pic attached), but i want to get totally rid of it. im kinda scared that if i do rainwater will creep in. there is a strip of metal underneath but if you dont want it showing dont cut too much...i actually want the metal to show completely cuz it matches my rims..do you think i should go ahead and do it Rice Over Wheat? :talon:

Attachments

• mitsu1.jpg
    mitsu1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 2,140
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back