The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 2g Knock Sensors Available

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
I was browsing Amazon and found 2g Knock Sensors available again. No luck on 1g units but you 2g guys (and me too) might want to check out the link if you need or MAY NEED one. Standard motors has farmed these out to another country if I got the story right from the engineer that works there and he didn't confirm that they were even still being produced.
Here is the link.......
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C7ZPPG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lXSlFbCQ4EDF9
Pops

I haven't. I have 3 and am watching stock as people order. I have mostly 1gs, and they are so scarce that its almost impossible to find one. I just happened to check the part # for a 2g and they were in stock so I posted up the link.
Pops

W T F.......:nono: :banghead: :f-u:
How many are left. Now I have to go look and pay $30 more?
I wonder if the original ad sold out.
Well at least they are available.
Thanks for the update!!!
Sorry about the price. WTF

Are the standard motor ones even any better than the chinese ones on ebay?

I got a hold of them a while back and they said they purchased the sensors from a 3rd party. It wouldn't surprise me if they're the same thing as the $30 ebay sensors.

Standard used to manufacture them here in my hometown but discontinued them and yes a 3rd party makes them according to their engineer and good friend of mine ( who just happened to find 2 1g sensors that were sitting around on a shelf, yay me). I trust the Standard part as I have used it and it registers knock as it should. Not weak not strong, just right. He was actually in the knock sensor department so that is correct,
but IDK if Chinese products are good at all. That isn't where they went. I can't remember where but it wasn't China.

The Chinese 1g sensors don't even look the same as OEM so I returned the one I ordered.

That isn't where they went. I can't remember where but it wasn't China.
Not China but Taiwan.
Got mine today
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Edit:
Here is a 30$ China KS in which I used for about 5k miles in comparison to the Standard KS32. The China KS did work for the brief time it was on there but I can’t speak for longevity or even sensitivity since most of the miles were off boost. As you can see the Standard unit is way thicker. That’s really all the difference other then the plug connectors are slightly different shades of gray. The wires are the same color and both have protective sleeving. I’m already thinking it was worth the buy. I don’t know the thickness of the OEM 2g KS to compare.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures and your opinion of the difference @007jimmy. I got so lucky when I brought the subject up at my grandsons birthday party in May. I really couldn't believe I was talking to THE MAN that worked in THAT DEPARTMENT and was an Engineer. What a coincidence but glad I started talking DSMs to him!
Pops

To add to the story, the product indeed, was sent to Taiwan, by Standard Motors for any further production but the KS28 for the 1g's are gone.

I was browsing Amazon and found 2g Knock Sensors available again. No luck on 1g units but you 2g guys (and me too) might want to check out the link if you need or MAY NEED one. Standard motors has farmed these out to another country if I got the story right from the engineer that works there and he didn't confirm that they were even still being produced.
Here is the link.......
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C7ZPPG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lXSlFbCQ4EDF9
Pops
Thank you for posting this as my knock sensor just started failing. I was nervous about buying one that isn't legit. Good looking out!

Price Drop!!!!!
Thanks Will :thumb:
The dam 1g units are super scarce.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back