The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G rear abs sensors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unplugme71

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2011
Central, New_Jersey
So while I was replacing some rear suspension components, I had to unbolt the abs sensor. Well the bolts snapped off due to age and rust, also, the sensor fell apart. So now I have to replace both sides.

Question is, how can I remove the broke bolt and get the rest of the abs sensor out of the hole? The sensor seems to be stuck in there. Prying it out only took off the wire, but actual sensor is still in the wheel hub assembly. I rather try and fix it myself then take it to a dealer.

I can pick up new sensors for 120 online rather than paying 160 each plus labor.

Look for part outs for a sensor and ask junk yard vendors on here. I broke mine and got a used one for $20.

When I needed to do mine, hacked off the back end of the sensor so all that was left is the cylinder part in The knuckle. I then pulled the axle out far enough to be able to pound out the rest of the sensor.

Putting in the new one/s I would suggest sanding out the hole and sanding down the size of the new cylinder part of the sensor to allow it to fit easier. I dont know how other people just have their wheel speed sensors fall out as mine required pounding to remove.

As for the bolt, start by using an ez-out and then try drilling it out. Try not to fubar the threads but if you do, use a heli-coil then.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back