1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G gsx brakes on 1G

Posted by Djsniperwolf, Sep 16, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Djsniperwolf

Djsniperwolf Proven Member

Joined Jul 31, 2011
    Hemet, California
    simple title. I have done this swap before, but the previous swapped involved banjo bolts so it was a painless swap.

Anyways, I picked up a set of calipers from a 2G a couple of years ago and noticed that they were not the banjo bolt style calipers. The seller did include brake lines.

My question is, will the 2G brake lines tie into the brake lines on my 1G? I am hoping to avoid having to find a set of custom lines. Thanks!

Street Build 644  1

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. OH91awd

OH91awd Proven Member

Joined Sep 22, 2011
    chillicothe, Ohio
    when i went through the front caliper ordeal i found that the 1g was not a banjo style caliper while the 2g was. i ended up making my own lines from some russel fittings and made it all work. but i do believe you can go to jnz tuning and they have options on their brake line kits where you choose either banjo or flare fitting.

Drag Race Build 2K  17

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    10.89 @ 125.67 · 1G DSM
  3. AWD Tuner

AWD Tuner Proven Member

Joined Aug 14, 2008
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Yes JNZ still has the stainless steel brake lines with the fitting option you are looking for.

1K  0

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 1G DSM
  4. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois

3K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. Djsniperwolf

Djsniperwolf Proven Member

Joined Jul 31, 2011
    Hemet, California
    Yeah I had it backwards, but I see what needs to be done. Thanks for the help.

Street Build 644  1

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    steve likes this.