The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 2g rear brakes on a 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derail20T

Proven Member
Apr 21, 2013
Sarnia, ON_Canada
Hey guys, I tried searching but couldn't find anything. A friend of mine has a 92 shell that came without brakes. He also has a 2g that he can get parts from. I know that the 2g front brake swap is common, and I have done it on my car, but will 2g rears bolt up on a 1g?

No, the bolt pattern is different and the 2G rears have the parking brake integrated into the rotor using a drum.
the bolt pattern is different? if so how come 1g and 2g can both use evo rears as direct bolt on upgrades ?

doesn't that suggest the bolt pattern is the same ?

(sidenote) regardless you wont retain e-brake.

I have a 91 awd and was wondering if i can put the 2g rear calipers on it? Whats all needed if possible, ill be going thru the forum to see if theres a write up so if anyone has a link if its been done please direct me to that link ,thanks. This is my first awd dsm, i have owned multiple fwd models but im finding rear calipers next to impossible to track down for both rears..im currently running a slightly modified fwd rear caliper set up so that my brake lines dont rub the rim and the ebrake cable mounts back on top as it should.

Last edited:
I have 1g awd and would also be interested if someone can confirm that they’ve been able to bolt in either 2g or evo rear brakes on 1g. I know that the 2g and evo use drum parking brake, but I don’t need parking brake at all because race car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back