The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2g D2 coilovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whatever your opinion is your opinion.

No, my opinion is based on the research from one of the leading suspension guru's for our platform. Someone who has actually tested spring rates & run shocks through dyno plots. Whats your opinion based on?

I've had nothing but positive experiance from Tein and stock suspension setups on our cars.

So you feel Tein works as well as the stock setup on our cars? Wow, really striving for perfection ROFL

No, my opinion is based on the research from one of the leading suspension guru's for our platform. Someone who has actually tested spring rates & run shocks through dyno plots. Whats your opinion based on?

So you feel Tein works as well as the stock setup on our cars? Wow, really striving for perfection ROFL

I don't know what you mean, but I do feel this way. I have the stock suspension on my current GSX and it corners very well, especially in the upper mph range. I have no scraping when going on speed humps. I never bottom out on short dips. Pot holes, I don't worry about. It doesn't lean all over the place like a boat in water. And all and all its a very smooth ride on and off the road.

When I had the red gsx it had Tein basics and I have almost the same things to say about them. The ride was alittle more stiffer but not in a bad way.

I'm up for buying a set to see how they are! At least when I get the money too :(

150 dollars for coilovers? Ill bite where at?

I don't know why I just read all of this, but now I feel I am obligated to post. I had KYB AGX gas adjustable struts with Eibach coilovers. It was a decent ride on the crappy streets here in Eastern Oregon. Compared to stock, it was def stiffer over bumps, but cornered better. I do 1/4 mile racing and it def helped with traction and wheel hop when the settings were adjusted accordingly. I had no complaints at all about that setup. I wanted more adjustability....because I felt like it and the price was right (deal with it LOL). So I found a deal on a set of K-Sports full coilover setup from a member for $300 which was awesome! They only had a couple hundred miles on them and were in amazing condition too. After installing them and doing some adjusting, I love them.... A def upgrade from the Eibach and AGX combo, but that setup was great too. For what I want, (daily driven track car, sometimes driven aggressive on the streets) I have zero complaints. As far as longevity, I have no comment as of yet since I need more time. Bottom line, for what I want/need, the K-sports have been the best setup I've owned for this car. I owned Megan's version of the same thing on my Srt-4 and absolutely hated them. Stiff as hell, too high spring rate, but that was for an srt, it might be completely different on a 2g Eclipse. Anyway, thought I would throw this in the thread.
Also, I am going to have to argue that the people arguing about the argument that is arguing in itself is an argument that is not worth arguing.
Hey, what's a pirates favorite thing to do? ARRRgue! ROFL :confused:

I'm glad to see somone used a set of K-sports on a 2g. I think they will be my next set. Even though I am very fond of the stock suspension setup I'm currently on. When I eventually lower my GSX I want it lowered on a set of K-Sports, but of course WHEN I do I want the upper tower struts, front and rear. The lower struts along with the camber kits and engine stabilizers

When I eventually lower my GSX I want it lowered on a set of K-Sports, but of course WHEN I do I want the upper tower struts, front and rear.

Since K-Sport doesn't sell strut-tower braces for 2G DSMs, you'll be needing the following information:

Arancio Atlas Mic 2CT (PPG paint code *0058)

And, yes, you're welcome.

Since K-Sport doesn't sell strut-tower braces for 2G DSMs, you'll be needing the following information:

Arancio Atlas Mic 2CT (PPG paint code *0058)

And, yes, you're welcome.

Sorry if my last post hinted that I would be buying Ksport tower strut braces. I'm going to be buying upper front and rear as well as lower braces from somewhere. To compliment the ksport coilovers. The paint code isn't needed because I'm not a fan of orange.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back