The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g D2 coilovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iBoostDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I found a great deal on some D2 coilovers and the guy was using them on a AWD 2g, but I have FWD 2g. My question is will they fit on my car? Looking at D2's website it shows 95-99 have the same part number, unlike the 1g's where they separate AWD and FWD.

D2 Racing NA - Products - RS Coilovers

Did I get a good find?

Yes and No.

Yes, they'll fit.

No, you did not get a good find.

nb. both of these answers were available using the search button.

Gosh, only 36 ways to adjust them? That sounds like a blast.

How much are they?

Edit 1600 dollars.. oh my.. I'll stick with Tein.

I dunno. If you could jam some bilstein/penske bodies in the threaded casings to the mount in some sort of frankenstein concoction, they could be worth it if you got them cheap enough... Spring rates might not be great.

Care to clarify on how they are not a good find?

Your post doesnt exactly scream of useful information other than an opinion

+1, I love the detailed factual info provided. No opinion what so ever :thumb:

I can appreciate wanting things like facts, and numbers but if you guys don't agree then you don't spend enough time in the Handling Forum.

It's kind of like Justin waltzing in and stating that eBay turbos are garbage, and you'd best not waste your money. And then some dope shows up and says that that's only an opinion.

Why, spending $1600 on Tein would also be a waste of money :ohdamn:

No no no I wouldnt spend 1600 on Teins, I wouldnt spend more than 1400. The top notch Teins with EDC cost only 1450ish.

The Basic's are around 700 and are just fine on our rides.

Personally I'm going with suspension system geared towards rally, but for now stock suits me just fine.

Why not tell us your favorite flavor of ice-cream, too? ... since that would be about as useful and relevant.

Obviously hes trying to make a choice on what to buy and if what he is looking at is a good deal. I decided to post my view of the Product and let him Make a choice. Rather then Flaming me why dont you add some info to help him out instead of being a dick. that is what this sites about right?

No no no I wouldnt spend 1600 on Teins, I wouldnt spend more than 1400. The top notch Teins with EDC cost only 1450ish.

The Basic's are around 700 and are just fine on our rides.

Personally I'm going with suspension system geared towards rally, but for now stock suits me just fine.

Since you didn't seem to get it the first time, I'll try again. Spending $1400 on Tein & your still wasting your money. They fall directly in the crap category with most of the other 2g coilover setups.

Obviously hes trying to make a choice on what to buy and if what he is looking at is a good deal. I decided to post my view of the Product and let him Make a choice. Rather then Flaming me why dont you add some info to help him out instead of being a dick. that is what this sites about right?

He's added plently of info all over this forum. If the OP had spent any time at all searching, he would already have had his answer & not had to start another thread of info thats already been covered countless times.

Your input on this vs your 1g setup means nothing since, if you weren't aware the two suspension setups share nothing in common. Therefor a companys product thats top notch on a 1g may be absolute junk on a 2g.

He's added plently of info all over this forum. If the OP had spent any time at all searching, he would already have had his answer & not had to start another thread of info thats already been covered countless times.

Your input on this vs your 1g setup means nothing since, if you weren't aware the two suspension setups share nothing in common. Therefor a companys product thats top notch on a 1g may be absolute junk on a 2g.

I am aware that the 1 and 2g's have different suspension setups. I disagree most company's share the same Quality and time in research from one car to the next so in most cases you can justifiably compare one to the other.

there is still no need for someone to be a dick other then to try and make yourself feel better. if there is info out there be HELPFUL and link it for them.

Since you didn't seem to get it the first time, I'll try again. Spending $1400 on Tein & your still wasting your money. They fall directly in the crap category with most of the other 2g coilover setups.

No. With all products sometimes you get good sometime you get bad, with suspension it all depends on what your doing. Buying a suspesion geaed towards track setups is stupid when your using it as a daily driver. Buying overpriced suspension setups period is dumb unless your going to actually use them for what they were created for.

IMO there really isnt a crap catagory for coilover setups. It all depends on what you pay for what your wanting from it.

Example: I just want my car hellaflush and slammed to the ground to look cool- Cheap ebay coilover sleeves

Example: I want a suspension setup for hard cornering, fast accelerations and quick slowdowns into moderate to high speed turns - Tein EDC, with front and rear sway bar, upgraded polyurethane bushings all around, front, rear and lower strut tower bracing, as well as fender bracing and a roll cage.

I'm not an expert or engineer but you get what you pay for, and you should buy what your gearing towards

I am aware that the 1 and 2g's have different suspension setups. I disagree most company's share the same Quality and time in research from one car to the next so in most cases you can justifiably compare one to the other.

Daren said it better I could have (if I could be bothered). You can disagree and you'd probably be correct that the correlation isn't zero across companies between parts for different cars. However, 1G vs 2G suspension bits might be the poster-child for cases where the stuff from the same company can be good or crap, almost randomly, depending on which generation of car it is for. (Even a slightly positive correlation can have a few outliers, eh?) I can actually think of no better example (but that doesn't say a whole lot, as I can't think well about anything).

there is still no need for someone to be a dick other then to try and make yourself feel better. if there is info out there be HELPFUL and link it for them.

An alternative definition of "dick" is someone who keeps arguing about something that is completely irrelevant, even after someone steps in and politely explains why you're wrong. Wanna try to find a third so that we can be a threesome?

Daren said it better I could have (if I could be bothered). You can disagree and you'd probably be correct that the correlation isn't zero across companies between parts for different cars. However, 1G vs 2G suspension bits might be the poster-child for cases where the stuff from the same company can be good or crap, almost randomly, depending on which generation of car it is for. (Even a slightly positive correlation can have a few outliers, eh?) I can actually think of no better example (but that doesn't say a whole lot, as I can't think well about anything).

An alternative definition of "dick" is someone who keeps arguing about something that is completely irrelevant, even after someone steps in and politely explains why you're wrong. Wanna try to find a third so that we can be a threesome?
if you feel better then so do I ha ha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back