The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUGE event this year, numbers are all up very nicely from last year.

Saturday we had 188 racers, this included the guys who ran the Autocross and Max Effort. We also had 1941 spectators.
Sunday we had 193 racers and 2672 spectators.

Those are record numbers for both days of the event.

DRAG RESULTS:

DSE
22 people ran the class.
#1 Qualifier was John Wheeler with a 9.85

1st, John Wheeler, 9.73
2nd, Cory Bower, 10.98
3rd, Drew Jones, 11.10

DST
5 people ran the class.
#1 Qualifier was Lucas English

1st, Lucas English, 10.50
2nd, T. Hassing, 11.23
3rd, J. Abee, 10.91

ESA
10 people ran the class.
#1 Qualifier, P. Soto, 10.60

1st, P. Soto, 11.03
2nd, R. VanBeek, 11.57
3rd, J. Ford, 11.51

EE
15 people ran the class.
#1 Qualifier, M. Silvestre, 9.82

1st, Nick Andy, 9.90
2nd, J. Sadik, 16.11
3rd, M. Silvestre, 43.81
3rd, J. Cohen, 11.41

QUICK 16
27 people attempted to qualilfy
#1 Qualifier, Kevin Kwiatkowski, 8.33

1st, Devin Schultz, 8.57
2nd, J. Vittorio, 14.71
3rd, N. Abele

BRACKET 1

1st, Dave Perino, 12.98
2nd, Rick Ciolli, 12.31
3rd, Tony Marx, 12.70

BRACKET 2

1st, Jacob Chamberlin, 13.70
2nd, Alex Delly, 13.90
3rd, Ryan Fye, 13.00

ECM Tuning, MAX EFFORT ME AUTOCROSS

1. Chris Carbee, 29.51
2. Matt Step, 30.34
3. Jansen Fischer, 31.35
4. Pat Kenney, 31.46
5. Tim Patrick, 32.04
6. Shawna Susice, 32.56
7. David Buschur, 32.95
8. Brian Redding, 33.03
9. Allen McCrum, 33.68
10. Jeremy Keays, 36.36

ECM Tuning, MAX EFFORT ME DRAG/TOTAL (This is in order of overall win)
1. Chris Carbee, 11.54/41.05
2. Matt Step, 12.15/42.49
3. David Buschur, 9.94/42.89
4. Tim Patrick, 10.98/43.02
5. Shawna Susice, 11.18/43.74
6. Pat Kenney, 12.37/43.83
7. Jansen Fischer, 12.70/44.05
8. Brian Redding, 11.49/44.52
9. Jeremy Keays, 11.60/47.96

ECM Tuning, MAX EFFORT MD AUTOCROSS

1. Jason Maher, 31.49
2. Bryan Vamos, 32.24
3. Adedaio Admowore, 32.56
4. Salmon Ponte, 33.74
5. Leon Reitman, 33.83
6. Jamie Valcamp, 33.92
7. Matt Smith, 34.58
8. Chris Mowell, 34.76
9. Ghislain Goudreau, 35.54
10. Rick Ciolli, 35.60
11. Rob Greer, 36.62
12. Marybeth Kiczenski, 43.58
13. Rostislav Pogrebinsky, 56.81

ECM Tuning, MAX EFFORT MD DRAG/TOTAL (This is in order of overall win)

1. Bryan Vamps, 10.59/42.83
2. Adedayo Admowore, 12.09/44.65
3. Leon Reitman, 12.09/45.92
4. Jamie Valcamp, 12.03/45.95
5. Matt Smith, 11.48/46.06
6. Jason Maher, 14.88/46.37
7. Salomon Ponte, 13.69/47.43
8. Rick Ciolli, 12.54/48.14
9. Ghislain Goudreau, 12.65/48.19
10. Rob Greer, 13.04/49.66
11. Marybeth Kiczenski, 13.82/57.4

The autocross only results will be listed on Racerslane.com later in the week and I will put a link to that when they go up. The drag results and people/car count will go up tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah I want to know what the dates are for next year's event? I want to go ahead and take the vacation time and get a hotel motel holiday inn room reserved.

So... 3 day event from here on...right? :D

x2! The two days of racing was fantastic!

x3 :thumb::thumb::thumb:...

You're going to have another one next year right?

Yes, yes, yes! The three day event was awesome.:hellyeah: The two days of racing at the track was better than ever. I think it was great to give people some chances to make runs down the quarter on Saturday. Not only was it great to watch, but I think it gave everyone some much needed track time to get things dialed in a little better.

Yes, three day event.................unless we make it 4!!

I've got most of the rules/changes done already for next year. If you guys are on Facebook you can see a new page I started there with links to the new rules on High Boost, I will list them here when they are done in a new thread. I usually do everything on High Boost Forums first and then copy/paste. I should have dates tomorrow for next year.

HAha I think you passed me, was it a black excursion pulling and driving like a grandma? LOL

I can't remember what the tow vehicle was, but I think it was a larger dark colored SUV. Yes, they were definitely driving like a grandma. Doing 55-60 I believe when the speed limit was 65. I passed on the drivers side, pulled in front and stayed there for a bit and then slowly accelerated until they were out of view.

Awesome! It says 11.99-3.99 need to wear long pants and sleeves. Does that mean I can run in shorts again as long as I run 12s? LOL

He should make it anyone who's racing has to wear pants, helmet, and closed toe shoes. Then long sleeves/jacket requirements based on trap speed.

HUGE event this year, numbers are all up very nicely from last year.

Saturday we had 188 racers, this included the guys who ran the Autocross and Max Effort. We also had 1941 spectators.
Sunday we had 193 racers and 2672 spectators.

Those are record numbers for both days of the event.

DRAG RESULTS:

DSE
22 people ran the class.
#1 Qualifier was John Wheeler with a 9.85

1st, John Wheeler, 9.73
2nd, Cory Bower, 10.98
3rd, Drew Jones, 11.10

DST
5 people ran the class.
#1 Qualifier was Lucas English

1st, Lucas English, 10.50
2nd, T. Hassing, 11.23
3rd, J. Abee, 10.91

ESA
10 people ran the class.
#1 Qualifier, P. Soto, 10.60

1st, P. Soto, 11.03
2nd, R. VanBeek, 11.57
3rd, J. Ford, 11.51

EE
15 people ran the class.
#1 Qualifier, M. Silvestre, 9.82

1st, Nick Andy, 9.90
2nd, J. Sadik, 16.11
3rd, M. Silvestre, 43.81
3rd, J. Cohen, 11.41

QUICK 16
27 people attempted to qualilfy
#1 Qualifier, Kevin Kwiatkowski, 8.33

1st, Devin Schultz, 8.57
2nd, J. Vittorio, 14.71
3rd, N. Abele

BRACKET 1

1st, Dave Perino, 12.98
2nd, Rick Ciolli, 12.31
3rd, Tony Marx, 12.70

BRACKET 2

1st, Jacob Chamberlin, 13.70
2nd, Alex Delly, 13.90
3rd, Ryan Fye, 13.00

ECM Tuning, MAX EFFORT ME AUTOCROSS

1. Chris Carbee, 29.51
2. Matt Step, 30.34
3. Jansen Fischer, 31.35
4. Pat Kenney, 31.46
5. Tim Patrick, 32.04
6. Shawna Susice, 32.56
7. David Buschur, 32.95
8. Brian Redding, 33.03
9. Allen McCrum, 33.68
10. Jeremy Keays, 36.36

ECM Tuning, MAX EFFORT ME DRAG/TOTAL (This is in order of overall win)
1. Chris Carbee, 11.54/41.05
2. Matt Step, 12.15/42.49
3. David Buschur, 9.94/42.89
4. Tim Patrick, 10.98/43.02
5. Shawna Susice, 11.18/43.74
6. Pat Kenney, 12.37/43.83
7. Jansen Fischer, 12.70/44.05
8. Brian Redding, 11.49/44.52
9. Jeremy Keays, 11.60/47.96

ECM Tuning, MAX EFFORT MD AUTOCROSS

1. Jason Maher, 31.49
2. Bryan Vamos, 32.24
3. Adedaio Admowore, 32.56
4. Salmon Ponte, 33.74
5. Leon Reitman, 33.83
6. Jamie Valcamp, 33.92
7. Matt Smith, 34.58
8. Chris Mowell, 34.76
9. Ghislain Goudreau, 35.54
10. Rick Ciolli, 35.60
11. Rob Greer, 36.62
12. Marybeth Kiczenski, 43.58
13. Rostislav Pogrebinsky, 56.81

ECM Tuning, MAX EFFORT MD DRAG/TOTAL (This is in order of overall win)

1. Bryan Vamps, 10.59/42.83
2. Adedayo Admowore, 12.09/44.65
3. Leon Reitman, 12.09/45.92
4. Jamie Valcamp, 12.03/45.95
5. Matt Smith, 11.48/46.06
6. Jason Maher, 14.88/46.37
7. Salomon Ponte, 13.69/47.43
8. Rick Ciolli, 12.54/48.14
9. Ghislain Goudreau, 12.65/48.19
10. Rob Greer, 13.04/49.66
11. Marybeth Kiczenski, 13.82/57.4

The autocross only results will be listed on Racerslane.com later in the week and I will put a link to that when they go up. The drag results and people/car count will go up tomorrow afternoon.

thanks dave, i feel the same more days the 3/s ng i go to is 5day event, 1st day is sign up and meet, 2nd is road course, 3rd is autox, 4th is drag, 5th is banquet and award ceremony, and go home sunday

I'm hoping to have my car built before next year and save enough money for the trip next year (from Florida) and tow my car up there. High hopes anyway.

Wonder what to do if I get up there and don't know what my car will run. Like, I get up there, run super fast, and I don't have a jacket, etc. Guess I have that one run and I'm done? What about a roll cage, scatter sheild, driveshaft loop, and so on? How in depth are the inspections to be able to race? I just wanna be prepared, if I'm able to take my car anyway. Gonna spend this whole year just to prep for this event.

Awesome! It says 11.99-3.99 need to wear long pants and sleeves. Does that mean I can run in shorts again as long as I run 12s? LOL

I can never tell if someone is joking or not BUT attitudes like that one right there is what changed the way we are going to do things in 2013. It sucks people are too stupid to take a small step towards their own safety and have ruined it for everyone.

I'm hoping to have my car built before next year and save enough money for the trip next year (from Florida) and tow my car up there. High hopes anyway.

Wonder what to do if I get up there and don't know what my car will run. Like, I get up there, run super fast, and I don't have a jacket, etc. Guess I have that one run and I'm done? What about a roll cage, scatter sheild, driveshaft loop, and so on? How in depth are the inspections to be able to race? I just wanna be prepared, if I'm able to take my car anyway. Gonna spend this whole year just to prep for this event.

For the 2013 race I have already given this problem some thought. We will either bring in a race gear vendor or we will step up, invest in some jackets/pants and sell them at our trailer if they are needed. If you are caught running without the correct safety gear in 2013 there isn't going to be a "warning" you will be asked immediately to leave and be disqualified. This years ignorance flat out pissed me off and I will not tolerate the level of stupidity I saw this year, next year.

There are hundreds of guys who can only race at our event each year because their local tracks won't let them run without a ton of safety gear. I understand not wanting to ruin a car with a cage, window net, battery cut off, scattershields, drip trays, etc., etc., so I try to make this easy for everyone. The dozens of idiots who ran without helmets, long sleeved shirts, guy wearing short and flip flops this year just pissed me off. It's a blatant disregard for their safety and respect for what I am trying to do with the event.

I will list what is required for next year as soon as I sort it out with the track, IF someone doesn't come prepared they can buy what they need at the track or lose their entry fee money for not coming prepared, it's as simple as that.

I'd suggest if you think your car is going to be capable of running a time that requires you to have a certain level of safety gear, you buy it and come prepared.

I can never tell if someone is joking or not BUT attitudes like that one right there is what changed the way we are going to do things in 2013. It sucks people are too stupid to take a small step towards their own safety and have ruined it for everyone.

Sorry about that one. The LOL at the end was supposed to imply that I was joking. The main reason for my post was to point out what I believe to be a typo on the other forum. Wasn't it supposed to say 13.99, not 3.99?

I was in awe the number of 9-second and slower cars with NO safety. I know safety is lax for this event, but DAMN, you guys really take your safety and the safety of others around you for granted. I saw several 10-second cars with baseball caps, short sleeves, etc. driving down the track. Seriously people, I can understand if you don't want a cage for one race a year, but helmet, safety harness, long sleeves/pants at a minimum on top of nitrous safety, relocated battery cutoff, fire safety.

For the small cost of a fire extinguisher or fire supression system, any/every DSM should have something. People who were at the track saw the response time of the track employees responding to Jeff Bush's car burning up. It wasn't 10 or 20 seconds; it was minutes. A handheld 5# FE-36 or ABC would have definitely helped prevent damage, or slow it down enough for fire crews to control the fire quickly. You can find a quality FE-36 5# hand-held for $75-100.

As for personal safety; seriously, WEAR A HELMET, WEAR A HARNESS, WEAR THE PROPER CLOTHING. You want to die? I hope not.

It angered me quite a bit to see very fast cars without safety. I have substantially more safety than my 8.49-second cage requirements for a reason; because I want to live if there is an accident/fire/act of God.

Instead of spending $30K in modifications to your engine, put $1-2K in brakes, $1-2K in safety, and $26-28K in performance. For some reason, I see ALOT of people overlooking a proper braking setup for their application, and an extreme lack of safety equipment.

Do us all a favor and be prepared for 2013 DSM Shootout.

Dave, I strongly agree that you should have some simple 3.2A/5 jackets/pants available for purchase or rental, as well as the track should have helmet rentals. There is no reason why they couldn't do that.

Let's keep this event going for another 10 years and keep our racers safe!

Well I am looking forward to next year's event. So let me know when it will be happening. So I can go ahead and take vacation and setup hotel reservations. This will be my first time to a big dsm event next year and the first time my car will be in a big event. I am just hoping that everything will stay together and not break before everything is said and don.

I was in awe the number of 9-second and slower cars with NO safety. I know safety is lax for this event, but DAMN, you guys really take your safety and the safety of others around you for granted. I saw several 10-second cars with baseball caps, short sleeves, etc. driving down the track. Seriously people, I can understand if you don't want a cage for one race a year, but helmet, safety harness, long sleeves/pants at a minimum on top of nitrous safety, relocated battery cutoff, fire safety.

For the small cost of a fire extinguisher or fire supression system, any/every DSM should have something. People who were at the track saw the response time of the track employees responding to Jeff Bush's car burning up. It wasn't 10 or 20 seconds; it was minutes. A handheld 5# FE-36 or ABC would have definitely helped prevent damage, or slow it down enough for fire crews to control the fire quickly. You can find a quality FE-36 5# hand-held for $75-100.

As for personal safety; seriously, WEAR A HELMET, WEAR A HARNESS, WEAR THE PROPER CLOTHING. You want to die? I hope not.

It angered me quite a bit to see very fast cars without safety. I have substantially more safety than my 8.49-second cage requirements for a reason; because I want to live if there is an accident/fire/act of God.

Instead of spending $30K in modifications to your engine, put $1-2K in brakes, $1-2K in safety, and $26-28K in performance. For some reason, I see ALOT of people overlooking a proper braking setup for their application, and an extreme lack of safety equipment.

Dave, I strongly agree that you should have some simple 3.2A/5 jackets/pants available for purchase or rental, as well as the track should have helmet rentals. There is no reason why they couldn't do that.

David has already stated he was upset with the lack of attention to safety. Next year he has rules in place for helmets, pants, long sleeves, and shoes anything 12.99 or (cant remember) 11.99 and faster. If you pay and then dont have your proper safety equipment, there will be no refund.

Very nice post there for the overall safety and well-being for our fellow dsmers, so thanks for that. :thumb: Even if you're in a bone-stock car running 90mph in the quarter, that's fast enough to get into enough trouble to get yourself hurt or even worse if the unforeseen were to happen. Helmets are a definite must for everyone! I think the rental thing would be a good ideo too though. Helmet, jacket, and pant rentals would be nice, so there could be no excuses.;) I even keep a fire extinguisher in my sloooow low 12 second car at all times just in case.... :| So come on people.... Lets make a little effort next year, huh?:)

Well I am looking forward to next year's event. So let me know when it will be happening. So I can go ahead and take vacation and setup hotel reservations. This will be my first time to a big dsm event next year and the first time my car will be in a big event. I am just hoping that everything will stay together and not break before everything is said and don.

It's up on the highboost forum. 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT

So Aug. 16th-18th? Awesome can't wait.

There will be no rental gear, I considered that but that would require "someone" to buy gear to loan out, I'm not even remotely interested in that. I am going to try to arrange a gear vendor be there to simply sell the products to whomever needs it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back