The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1st twin scroll 20g on DSM !!! (EVO 10 turbo)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94awdcoupe

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2004
tampa, Florida
I believe I am the first to convert EVO 10 for use on my EVO 1. The results are amazing. Here is quick over view.

I spent an enormous amount of time mounting a 3071 . Never really happy with the low end response I had been kicking myself that I wish I had made a custom manifold to mount a factory evo8/9 turbo. Then when the evo X came out with standard rotation twin scroll turbo I got excited. I new one would eventually end up on my car. You can mount evo8/9 turbo without too much trouble but the PS and alt has to go since the turbo inlet would sit right there in their place. That conversion was done once and car the made 355hp on pump gas and when low 11,s at 120 to back it up. Of course for me PS and A/C are a must so a seriously custom exhaust manifold and 02 would have been needed to make evo8/9 turbo work. The evo X turbo on the other hand is configured correctly for a much smoother conversion for DSM use. its still a big project but a fun one. original turbo is a 15g. upgraded turbo is a 20g/TD06L2 (e-bay-KAMAK) I will let pics do he talking. all in all spent a full work week getting it done but the spool and power is amazing. I am very pleased. I have the ultimate street turbo on this car. 4th gear stab at 2500 starts pulling hard at 3200. full 2.0 bar at 3700rpm. The spool figures dont tell the whole story the torque from 2500-3500 is making the 2.0 feel almost like a 2.3. Its that good.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Arias 10/1 pistons, eagle rod, 0-ring block going in. Car is getting repainted finally. no more captain america engine bay. had manifold and ex housing coated. You finally get to see the horrid welds. no signs of cracking at three months. good enough for me. The transitions are nice. Thats all that matters to me. The welds are covered my heat shield.

the time consuming stage. every line, bolt, and bracket is cleaned before reattaching. I like it.

Looks great! I remember seeing your car on mirageforums if I recall.

I am very curious, it appears that you used the standard exhaust wheel from the 20g inside the twin scroll housing correct? I wonder if you would gain any performance by switching to the wheel that was designed for the twin scroll housing and having the turbo balanced? Great job btw! I am looking into doing this on a 1ga Talon.

I didn't know the evo x turbo spun the same way. This is impressive, you should try to use evo vii ecu with tephra. Just to finish off the evo update.

Eddie Rosado

I bit the bullet and sprung for a new FP EVO X 73HTA GREEN. For those who know what it is its a custom billet compressor wheel (rated by FP at 54lb/min) The 20g spools way fast in TS form. So I figured I had some spool to sacrifice in trade for more high RPM power. The numbers for the 20g setup were likely 440HP/480TQ. I am shooting for 490HP/440tq with this new turbo. More power with less stress on tranny. Should only spool about 300RPM slower. It should be here in about 10-14 days. The TS 20g will be for sale if anyone wants to try this project.

I bit the bullet and sprung for a new FP EVO X 73HTA GREEN. For those who know what it is its a custom billet compressor wheel (rated by FP at 54lb/min) The 20g spools way fast in TS form. So I figured I had some spool to sacrifice in trade for more high RPM power. The numbers for the 20g setup were likely 440HP/480TQ. I am shooting for 490HP/440tq with this new turbo. More power with less stress on tranny. Should only spool about 300RPM slower. It should be here in about 10-14 days. The TS 20g will be for sale if anyone wants to try this project.

Are you selling the custom manifold too? I would love buy that manifLOLd if ever wanted to sell it.

I have a new tdo5-16g6-9.8t evo vii/vii turbo could it be used do a simalar set up? The hot side looks the same as the one you have . Was thinking of just selling the turbo

It can be done. But the turbo you have is reverse rotation. Its a mirror image of the evo 10 turbos. The reverse rotation turbos will place turbo much farther from block. It would be very hard in a small engine compartment like I am have.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back