The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g head and 2g head?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The 6bolt block has larger head bolts and more than a few report having to widen the bolt holes for it to be properly installed, key word properly. . . Some have not. But also remember that the head receives oil from one of those holes (farthest left on the radiator side). If it's a tighter fit, then you're likely impeding oil flow to the head: lifter tap, turbo oiling issues, possibly throwing rockers, valve float is possible because the lobe will strike the rocker instead of ramping up the lift. . .
Unless you are lucky enough to have a head off a Hyundai. :thumb: I will double check but im pretty sure I snagged one the other day that already has the 12mm head bolt holes.

OMG can you guys get a grip, and focus on what the post was meant to be, which is the valvetrain be interchangeable, man I wish defiant was back or at least a replacement that would stop post like this.

To the OP yes they are interchangeable, I honestly can't think of one part that will not work from changing one to another.
Think it was already awnsered in post #9.

Guess I shouldnt have been the BULLY but its stupid remarks like "I laughed when I heard a 2G head was better" comment when its obvious he either didnt research before opening his mouth and types like he is in grade school. Like he said the arguing is done.

yes the parts to swap from a 1g head to a 2g head
Yup right there.

I would think it would be a restriction with half the air hitting the ports and the other half just hitting a wall. If you open up the 2G runners to fit 1G runners it defeats the purpuse of using a 2G head.

I saw something on that link about the Hyundai manifold. I had a chance to get one the other day when I got my head off a 95 Sonota and I should have. The plenum is the size of 1G and runners of a 2G and looked to have the same 1G NT throttle body.

Like this? The plenum is larger than a 1g, the runners are 2g and shorter than either, the throttle body is already a 60mm.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hmm, where can one find such a IM??

What year and models do they come from? Im guessing 95-99 sonatas with the 2.0.

Is there any more info on those intakes? Someone somewhere has dyno'd it against a stocker haha.

Like this? The plenum is larger than a 1g, the runners are 2g and shorter than either, the throttle body is already a 60mm.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thats the same one on the 95 Sonota I pulled the head off of. Pretty sure it was a 2.0. I was looking for a Hyundai head forever and came acrosst it when hunting for a ECU.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back