The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs- weird noise coming from my aem short ram intake (HELP)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsmJessy

Probationary Member
Mar 12, 2021
Bell, California
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I changed my stock intake to an aem short ram intake. And I’m worried that my short ram intake is not doing it’s job. Can someone explain to me what this noise is. And how can I fix it so that the intake can perform at it’s best. I would appreciate all the response. Thank you!

The loud noise you are hearing is the air rushing down the aluminum tube...Mine is the same but not quite as loud. Because the design of the AEM intake it draws direct air as opposed to the original. You might try buying a filter sock from Summit or a foam filter to go over your cone filter....
Question.... installing the short ram did it increase your rpm`s at idle ....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back