The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1992 Talon TSI 6/4 AUTO

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think you'll be happy with the results of the dual-port setup. Your car will be much faster. Not as fast as mine but, for example, if we raced you would be fast enough to see the back of my car for a second or two which is very respectable.
You're BANNED!!!! :f-u:

Hell I'm sure I don't have a thing for ya. She's a slug..........:oops:

Any chance you are blowing the wastegate open off the line. Maybe you need to add a top hose to the wg actuator to hold it closed.... I have never ran an external gate with 1 hose. When you only run 1 hose to the bottom port, any boost you are making - as well as the exhaust pressure on the front of the wg valve - is trying to open the gate. Even partial opening could explain your huge bog when launching. I told you I have really been thinking about that....

edit:
I ended up setting up the twin scroll WGs with a single line to each to rule out a bcs problem. made a liar of myself.

Last edited:
I have to find my TIAL 38 fiting to use both ports. Today was a shitty day for me so I took a well deserved break from cars today. I have big hopes for running both ports. I ran just the top port but no adjustment. Bottom port seems to lower pressure as @rabenne points to so before doing the 2 ports, I'm going to go make a run with the line off and try a 3rd gear pull and see what happens and keep the right foot ready to pedal her. Hopefully tomorrow will be a nicer day, it was gloomy all day here besides not "feeling it" today.
This pressure that @Vegas smith keeps puttin on me is wearin me out :hmm: :p

Sorry to hear you had a rough day, Marty. I know that feeling. I am on day 2 of my official quarantine from work, and so is my mother, who lives 770 miles away in NY.

I was named as a close contact by a confirmed case at work - so they wont allow me on campus for 14 days. I have not had any symptoms or reason to believe that I am sick.

My mom actually is pretty sick. She was refused a test by her doctors. Mild fever and nasty cough. I spent all day worrying about her, as this whole virus situation is starting to become more and more personal for me.

Everything going to be okay on your end?

I have to find my TIAL 38 fiting to use both ports. Today was a sh**ty day for me so I took a well deserved break from cars today. I have big hopes for running both ports. I ran just the top port but no adjustment. Bottom port seems to lower pressure as @rabenne points to so before doing the 2 ports, I'm going to go make a run with the line off and try a 3rd gear pull and see what happens and keep the right foot ready to pedal her. Hopefully tomorrow will be a nicer day, it was gloomy all day here besides not "feeling it" today.
This pressure that @Vegas smith keeps puttin on me is wearin me out :hmm: :p
I don't wan't to hear this whole pandemic/martial law/everyone dying blah blah. We want more boost! Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Sorry to hear you had a rough day, Marty. I know that feeling. I am on day 2 of my official quarantine from work, and so is my mother, who lives 770 miles away in NY.

I was named as a close contact by a confirmed case at work - so they wont allow me on campus for 14 days. I have not had any symptoms or reason to believe that I am sick.

My mom actually is pretty sick. She was refused a test by her doctors. Mild fever and nasty cough. I spent all day worrying about her, as this whole virus situation is starting to become more and more personal for me.

Everything going to be okay on your end?
All good Will. I have a 77 yr old mother, and I run for her and remind her to just stay home, I will get what you need. She lives on our 80 acre family farm so she is safe from people. I want your mom to get better. I am taking precautions today with some gloves for working mail and dealing with customers and posted the "Stay 6' back" mandatory poster at my counter. Just trying to stay clean and healthy. Typing with these gloves is kinda tricky.....
Nick, I am trying man. I am actually scared to pull the hose off of the WG because when my boost DOES come in.....it comes in so hard I don't want to wreck the car and I am serious. I will have to go do a 3rd gear pull, no 2nd gear stuff, she might get silly if I do get more boost. I am just being cautious and a *****.......:p

Gonna go find a good 4 lane with a median or.....the airport, if they would let me. We were gonna have a 1/2 mile event there in April but I bet it is canceled. I need to check with someone out there. Glad you told me to pick wisely, I hadn't thought of the airport in A LONG TIME. As a kid, they would let me run my car on the apron if they weren't busy but now Cessna has a plant there so I will bet they say no, but.....who could catch me.....ROFL

Just remove your plates before you give the tower a fly-by
Right, like Tom Cruise????
"Permission to buzz the tower sir!"

Well, went and did a 3rd gear pull, no WG line and boost source plugged. It might have got 1 more lb than normal, so 34-35ish and no more. What do the followers think is going on? Gate? BOV (I've swapped them out, 1g crushed)?
I'm all ears. Ready for some MAN BOOST!!! I do have a TIAL BOV but it doesn't have that much spring pressure (unknown what pressure that it releases).
Don't mind the BCS oscillating, its working but not being used on this test.
Thanks for any thoughts!
20200323_162535.jpg

Still feels like back pressure before the turbine will also be trying to open the WG. I would certainly think the springs (4 of them right?) would hold it closed with no vac line attached, but maybe its time to try both hoses (top and bottom).

Alternatively, you could run a boost source to the top only, that should physically put pressure on the top of the diaphragm and prevent exhaust back pressure from pushing the valve open... if it still wont get past 34-35 then we have to start looking at in internally. There are bench tests for tial mvr.... you should this that as well.

{F603FC42-92A6-4BAA-B1BD-12B2D76E4CD4}.png
aasdf.png

Hey Marty the springs on the Tial only coincide with the vacuum of the car at idle and isn’t affected by boost. It’s the opposite, I guess, of a Tial wastegate. You really need to set it up as dual port and go from there. I don’t think what you did today tells us much.

Well guys no reason not to. The local parts store was out of 5/16 line that I use (50 psi) so it was a run to town to warm up the car then do a test pull. Should I put my TIAL BOV on too? I can't test up to over 30psi on a blt with the compressor housing I have. Its porous and blows off EXPLOSIVELY.

Well guys no reason not to. The local parts store was out of 5/16 line that I use (50 psi) so it was a run to town to warm up the car then do a test pull. Should I put my TIAL BOV on too? I can't test up to over 30psi on a blt with the compressor housing I have. Its porous and blows off EXPLOSIVELY.
I’ve found that t-bolt clamps are much much better than traditional worm clamps for the compressor inlet.

If your blowing your tester off at the compressor inlet, test it at the oulet. The only leaks that test could miss are from compressor cover or compressor outlet connection. But if your IC pipe is easier to get a solid connection to - that will let you test to higher boost pressures, maybe?

Nah its a POUROUS CAST housing intake. Not machined, so it will fly off above 30 psi. Its fkn dangerous as hell. Just a misunderstanding. I'll show ya the housing in a pic next time I'm at the car. Tighten a Tbolt down til it breaks, it still won't hold the tester on. And she has solid boost up to stopping.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back