The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1990 GSX Daily Driver Build and Restore to 400 WHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I also finally changed the derpy filter I was using. I ordered this one from Amazon and found an adapter plate here on the classifieds.

http://amzn.to/1fUmLQb

w7fq4g.jpg

2nhowid.jpg

27y9w83.jpg

Does that 1g intake pipe fit right over the 2g mas? How's the fitment in the bay? Great job on everything btw.

Does that 1g intake pipe fit right over the 2g mas? How's the fitment in the bay? Great job on everything btw.

Yep, you just need to heat it up and do some stretching and prying. It takes a little bit of elbow grease, but it will fit. If you look on page 2 you can see I tried to fit a 2g hard intake pipe.... There was no way in hell. With the 2g intake and the 2g MAF I only had about half an inch left of free space, and that was without the filter on.

I saw a coulple threads of other people using the 1g snorkel with the 2g maf, so I gave it a shot and it worked. :thumb:

I've been following this thread, but somehow missed the intake pics. Thanks for sharing your work as I will be wrenching on my car again soon and need some inspiration.

Last edited:
Really nice what kind of paint gun did you use im painting mine soon, waiting on feedback on the fans.

Here's link to the gun I've been using. It's inexpensive but I haven't had any issues with it yet, both the paint and clear sprayed great. I knew when I bought it though that I could work around any problems if they came up (I painted cars professionally for 5 years), but they never did, it sprays awesome.

TCP Global® Brand Professional 1.3mm HVLP Spray Gun-gravity Feed-auto Paint Basecoat Clearcoat with Air Regulator : Amazon.com : Automotive

51LPJAqpWrL.jpg

2ec3las.jpg

This is my compressor I picked up on craigslist.

2mpeyc3.jpg

The last time I filled my car full I noticed I was dripping gas from the filler hose, so I ran it down to just about empty and picked up a new one. It took all of 5 minutes to replace, I just had to trim the new hose to fit, I found the part number doing a forum search, apparently I'm not the only one with a 1G DSM who has had this problem. :thumb:

Old hose off:

2ivtqo.jpg

demlc5.jpg

New hose ready to bolt back on:

2lk8c3o.jpg

Last edited:
Did a mini shifter rebuild, new bushings all around. Feels like a real car shifter now instead of metal clanging on metal.

NEW BUSHINGS

juclcw.jpg

DIRTY SHIFTER OUT OF THE CAR: A couple of the bushings didn't even EXIST. They had completely disintegrated.

5x8jg9.jpg

Some of this is dirt and human slime, but I think some of it is the old disintegrated bushings.

a5j49z.jpg

NEW BUSHINGS INSTALLED and CLEANED UP!

e0jwwz.jpg

And here is my before and after:
[ame=http://youtu.be/lvIH8n2Em7w]DSM 1G Shifter Bushings Replace - Before and After - YouTube[/ame]

Wow this is really quality work! You really put time and effort into every little piece you put into your car. This will be a great guide for people to look to for upgrading their stock dsms. :hellyeah:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I love driving it, and now that it's painted I love it even more. And now it's time for me to start more work on that 12 second goal :thumb:

Yesterday I finally got around to installing all those fuel goodies.

AFPR
FUEL FILTER
WALBRO 450
1000cc INJECTORS

I took my time, read the VFAQ, read articles here on tuners, watched a bunch of helpful videos on youtube, made sure I had the right tools and dove in.

A year ago this job would have terrified me. But after all the maintenance and upgrades I've done over the past year, this turned out way easier than I thought it would.

First up, get the fittings on my shiny newly painted fuel rail.

qs9rvb.jpg

Old filter out, new filter in! Looks shiny!

9ay41s.jpg

Old fuel rail out! New fuel rail next to it!

2lm6tmq.jpg

3538eug.jpg

2la697c.jpg

Old fuel pump:

14xzabq.jpg

WALBRO 450! :hellyeah:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/473823-walbro-450-install-1g-awd.html

2hs6gcm.jpg

Everything installed! I need to pick up a couple longer hoses for the AFPR to get it mounted properly.

15dmnb7.jpg

Did you use the stock, plastic bushings for the shifter? I had really good results using the metal ones from the transmission instead, they're dimensionally the same but more durable (p/n MD71916, at least for a 91+).

Love what you did with your car, very much what I am hoping to be capable of doing with mine if I ever manage to find myself a house with a proper garage.

Did you use the stock, plastic bushings for the shifter? I had really good results using the metal ones from the transmission instead, they're dimensionally the same but more durable (p/n MD71916, at least for a 91+).

I used the oem bushings (MB580253) from JNZ OEM Shifter Bushing-90 DSM : JNZ Tuning

Love what you did with your car, very much what I am hoping to be capable of doing with mine if I ever manage to find myself a house with a proper garage.
Thanks! Yeah a garage is pretty much required, especially during the winter. I'm lucky to have one in the house I'm renting. Now I just need to be able to buy my own house with my own garage : D

VIDEO UPDATE! Boost leak test before tuning! Er, I guess I should say attempting to tune, I don't really know exactly what I'm doing. :coy:

Last edited:
Very NICE Erik!!! Looks all too familiar to me....I have about the same setup except 255 and 1120's (injectors aren't installed yet, but REAL SOON). This is a very good build journal, keep it up, we are following the same path. :thumb: Marty

His detail is top notch!!! This one is done the RIGHT way.

I like the fuel lab filter looking at getting one myself and do the pro classic black lines and a calan catch can in the near future.

I wish we could get it at the pump here. It used to be available but the stations quit providing it for some reason, probably low sales so now we have to drive 70 miles and haul a 55 gallon drum. :hmm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back