The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

XXR 502 18x9.5 +35 offset

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watchdog153

Probationary Member
Oct 10, 2010
Stockton, California
Im looking to order a rim and tire set...

XXR 502 Wheels - Best Price Guaranteed at NLMotoring.com

Shopping Cart Buy Rims or Wheel Bundles with Big Savings

Question is can I go with the 18x9.5 +35 offset (3.5" lip) using a smaller width tire like 225 or 235? WILL IT FIT?? LOWERED?

Or do I play it safe and go with the 18x7.5 +40 offset (2.25" lip)

IMO the wide stance of the 9.5's with the 3.5" lip would be epic if i can get it to fit... but I dont want to go that wide if it sticks past the fender too far.

The rims are sickness, even better with the center caps off (this pic of the subaru is 18x9.5 with the 3.5" lip) :hellyeah:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Putting a 235/225 tire on a 9.5in rim is pointless and will not work out very well for you on any level. I would go with the 7.5in wide rim because it will fit your tire size much better and you will still maintain some tip of lip for you.

Your going to have a good amount of tire stretch, just be even careful with potholes

But..... will it fit? I´m crazy for Rota Grid Drift in 18x9,5" but i´m afraid that it will not fit. will it touch in suspension? And with offset +38?

18x9.5 with a +35 wont fit it would have to be +25 offset i think... And yes the rim would stick out alot

What this guy said.... I was gonna order those wheels also but went a different route

Thread is old. I hope the OP found a wheel solution in the past year.

And for those interested, an 8" wheel with a 235 or 245 will fit on a 2g with the correct offset (approx +35 to +38mm).

A tire that fits a 9.5" rim (i.e. 265) won't fit in the stock fender. Though it may with some serious fender massaging. If you're thinking about anything wider than that, you better be doing some body work.

Dyesuperman made it fit with 18x9.5 et35

with what size tire 225 or 235? and how much camber?

Thread is old. I hope the OP found a wheel solution in the past year.

And for those interested, an 8" wheel with a 235 or 245 will fit on a 2g with the correct offset (approx +35 to +38mm).

A tire that fits a 9.5" rim (i.e. 265) won't fit in the stock fender. Though it may with some serious fender massaging. If you're thinking about anything wider than that, you better be doing some body work.

well a 17x8.5+30 with 245/40s and im pretty sure 255/40s will fit too it took a bit of fender rolling, +35 would have been a bit better, I'm sure a 18x8.5+30 would fit with ease and some fender rolling too

with what size tire 225 or 235? and how much camber?

well a 17x8.5+30 with 245/40s and im pretty sure 255/40s will fit too it took a bit of fender rolling, +35 would have been a bit better, I'm sure a 18x8.5+30 would fit with ease and some fender rolling too

Neither, 255..front camber is at -1.7 and rear is at -2 for the time being. Only reason the rear is so much is because I had to run a 3mm spacer to clear the rear 2ga spindle so it sticks out a bit more. Looking to pick up some 2gb spindles and the rear rubbing problem should go away or be a lot less prevalent. Front is rolled/pulled a bit and the rear lip is rolled a bit, but needs it some more

Neither, 255..front camber is at -1.7 and rear is at -2 for the time being. Only reason the rear is so much is because I had to run a 3mm spacer to clear the rear 2ga spindle so it sticks out a bit more. Looking to pick up some 2gb spindles and the rear rubbing problem should go away or be a lot less prevalent. Front is rolled/pulled a bit and the rear lip is rolled a bit, but needs it some more

wow not bad man i just went through your pics :thumb: and a 255 isn't even a stretch, I run a 255 on my 20x10.5s in the back of my G35 :p looks good, flush and functional!

and I'm running 1.5* of camber up front and 2.5 in the back on my car, so that's not really a lot of camber IMO

And here I was feeling bad about my 245 on a 10". That's STUPID stretch, the wheel won't fit in the fender, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back