The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Xxr 527

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Post some pictures up when you get them on I would like to see them.. I got my 527 mounted and love the way the look

If you don't mind post a couple of pictures of yours:thumb: What size tires did you end up running?

Here they are in 18x9.75 +20
No spacers. Slight roll & pull required. No I don't rub at all.
Yes I can go over regular speed bumps without trouble.
I have them on Nitto 555 18/225/40 .

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

^ damn that looks really really nice. Thanks for showing me exactly what it would look like on my car LOL

How much do those weigh each?

Lmao no problem. Sadly they're kind of on the heavy side at around 21lbs according to google. But that's expected with a 10in wheel knock off haha. I'll go weigh one when I get home.

Knock off? Are they? Shit still lighter then my stock gsx 17x6.5

My rota slip streams 15x7.5 are 13lbs each for the hoosiers :thumb:

Whats your ride height from the top of the fender well? I havent even adjusted my coilovers haha

What did you use to paint your engine bay black?

Here they are in 18x9.75 +20
No spacers. Slight roll & pull required. No I don't rub at all.
Yes I can go over regular speed bumps without trouble.
I have them on Nitto 555 18/225/40 .

This thing is beautiful man! :D I've seen it all over instagram. Little jealous :thumb:

Knock off? Are they? Shit still lighter then my stock gsx 17x6.5

My rota slip streams 15x7.5 are 13lbs each for the hoosiers :thumb:

Whats your ride height from the top of the fender well? I havent even adjusted my coilovers haha

What did you use to paint your engine bay black?

Yup. I'm pretty sure they're based of WedsSport TC105N and those in similar size are around 16 - 17 lbs.

Well I don't have any wheel gap. I'm actually tucking a hair of tire, LOL. I've never actually measured how much drop I have from stock either, so I couldn't say. I just dropped it to what I like/works.

My engine bay is Rust-Oleum ROFLoo, but it works and it looks great in my opinion. If I ever scratch it or whatever I can always just respray a layer and it looks like nothing happened. LOL

This thing is beautiful man! :D I've seen it all over instagram. Little jealous :thumb:

Thank you. It's nice to know hard work is appreciated! I didn't think it would spread like it did haha.

Yup. I'm pretty sure they're based of WedsSport TC105N and those in similar size are around 16 - 17 lbs.

:thumb:

Psst, don't tell him Rotas are knock-offs, too. :p

I weekend drive mine with a side exit. So far two short drives down with no issues LOL
He means with the cops. California makes a good amount of revenue on citing people for having modified vehicles, all in the name of reduced emissions, though it's more of a racketeering operation if you look closely. Many cars that would pass the strict emissions test in this state would fail a visual inspection simply for having aftermarket parts installed. It makes little sense.

His turn signal lenses, the FMIC, the ride height, and the wheels are enough to draw attention from law enforcement here in the land of legal corruption. I'm surprised he hasn't been hassled yet.

Thank you. It's nice to know hard work is appreciated! I didn't think it would spread like it did haha.

How good is the handling? I know you said you don't rub and can go over regular speed bumps. Just curious on cornering and such. I'm assuming you have a camber kit too correct?

He means with the cops. California makes a good amount of revenue on citing people for having modified vehicles, all in the name of reduced emissions, though it's more of a racketeering operation if you look closely. Many cars that would pass the strict emissions test in this state would fail a visual inspection simply for having aftermarket parts installed. It makes little sense.

His turn signal lenses, the FMIC, the ride height, and the wheels are enough to draw attention from law enforcement here in the land of legal corruption. I'm surprised he hasn't been hassled yet.

I know what he meant.

:ohdamn:

I must be getting old... Since when is a 225 tire stretched to fit an nearly 10" wheel a good thing :banghead:

To each his own I suppose...

How good is the handling? I know you said you don't rub and can go over regular speed bumps. Just curious on cornering and such. I'm assuming you have a camber kit too correct?

I partake in spirited driving, but there's not many places to corner hard in my town. I couldn't tell you if it's good or bad, it just feels normal. No, I don't have a camber kit. It's just at the natural camber it gets when dropped. I think it's around -2.3 or something last time I checked.
Which reminds me, I should probably buy a camber kit soon...

:ohdamn:

I must be getting old... Since when is a 225 tire stretched to fit an nearly 10" wheel a good thing :banghead:

To each his own I suppose...

It's not. I just like how it looks.
I have other meatier wheels/slicks stored away for the track and what not.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back