The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

wont start!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forzarallyOZ

10+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2010
marietta, Georgia
ive tried serching through here and still i havent found the problem...

night before car is boosting great running stong on the highway...next morning, wont start.

i hear the fuel pump, checked the spark plugs and wires and all spark, changed the ECT, changed the starter, changed the alternator, battery reading 12.3 volts, fuses are all good...timing blet is good

could it have lost compression overnight? sounds crazy...
flooded due to bad ECT? i showed symptoms before of a bad ECT i found through here so i changed it...

it turns and i hear it wanting to come on..it almost does a few times.. i did hear it backfire a couple times..
:confused:

im sure you checked it but check your ground to your starter my friends talon sounded just like yours and all it turned out to be was a bad ground... also if you have aftermarket security system that might be messing things up??

got mine running try changing your plugs, mine looked good barely used, and had a good gap. swapped out new ngks and fired right up

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back