The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsimiz

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 18, 2002
STAMFORD, Connecticut
i have a 1g automatic awd talon, i pulled the car in the garage last night and now it wont start.
I change the starter and it still wont crank. I tested the wires and they all work.
any ides?

yes when you say no start- does it turn over and not start or does it do nothing or click?

did you check you battery connections? are they clean and tight? When you try starting your car turn on your head lights and try to turn it over if they dim when your trying to start it than the battery is your problem. if that is the case make sure you have your alternator checked to make sure thats not the underlaying problem

No bad connect here battery and connnect is fine
I tested the starter and it gets the signal when I turn the key.
It just won't turn the car over. Sounds like it is stuck or something

does the starter make a clunk nose when engaged? or any noises at all? I know you said you have checked the wires but you may want to double check your ground. it really is starting to sound like a ground cable issue. you can always try hooking a set of jumper cables to you ground post of you battery and connect the other end to your block. try that. that will at least eliminate your ground wire.... if that dose not work have you tried to turn your crank manually?

the click is coming from the starter. I ran a jumper wire to the starter signal and it makes the same click.
it just seems like the started is just not turning over the motor

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back