The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Will a 14b turbine housing increase spool time with a 16g cartride?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chanley talon

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2005
Spencer, Indiana
I have an auto and was thinking of using a 16g turbo cartridge in a 14 b turbine housing with a external o2 dump my goal is to create really fast spools and fast 8th mile times since thats all i have near hear? If anyone has tried this let me know . Or if you have an oppinions let me know thanks.

Yes you can do it. The 14B turbine housing is a 6cm housing where the normal one on a 16G is a 7cm.

I would recommend porting the turbine housing inlet to help with spool.

Honestly I have tuning a 2G auto with a Big 16G (long time ago) and it worked great with the stock stall. You would have to power brake for about 5-10 sec to come up to 20psi of boost.

I can't really imagine a 16g being 'slow spooling.' I have an 18g and it's not bad at all. That being said, if you have your heart set on this, I have a complete 14b I'm looking to get rid of - or just the turbine housing.

Well i was just curious because i run the eigth mile so getting a fast spool in the shorter distance i thought might help. With an automatic a 16g is responsive but I would like to get to peak boost quicker before the tree drops to green.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back