The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Which Eclipse rear bumper fits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotoad

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Clarkston, Michigan
Which rear Eclipse bumpers will fit on a 96" Talon? I've searched the site and have only found info refering to 97-99 rear bumper swaps. The Talon that I want to swap the rear bumper on is a 96. Do I have to get a 95-96 Eclipse bumper, or are they all pretty much the same (attachment points) from 95-99?

Any bumper will work you just have to changing a mounting bracket.

I dont think you have to change the mounting brackets. You just have to get the bumper and the eclipse lights.

Urban_S said:
I dont think you have to change the mounting brackets. You just have to get the bumper and the eclipse lights.

There is some mounting bracket for the lights or licence plate or something that needs to be moved.

you have to move the mounts for the bumper and drill some holes for tail lights, all the bumpers will work

Thanks, that's what I thought. I already bought some aftermarket Eclipse tail-lamps from Ebay (black color w/red circular lights). And I found a thread about the brackets and how to mount them.

The question was posted because I found a 97-99 rear bumper at a local scrapyard and the guy working there insisted that it would not fit a 96 Talon. I tried to explain to him about the brackets but he said that the bumpers were a different shape where they attach to the rear quarters.

turbotoad said:
Thanks, that's what I thought. I already bought some aftermarket Eclipse tail-lamps from Ebay (black color w/red circular lights). And I found a thread about the brackets and how to mount them.

The question was posted because I found a 97-99 rear bumper at a local scrapyard and the guy working there insisted that it would not fit a 96 Talon. I tried to explain to him about the brackets but he said that the bumpers were a different shape where they attach to the rear quarters.

So get him to lay $50 down on the table.

Make some profit.

I have had similar occurrences with local salvage yards. It is probably because of the taillights are the same so they say it won't fit. I agree to put some money down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back