The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Eclipse rear bumper holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty-Seagull

Supporting Member
Jul 16, 2019
Kimball, Michigan
What are these holes for on the bottom of the bumper?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This picture is on the passenger side where the bumper sags slightly between the two holes on the right, at the bend. Am I missing a bracket or something? Or is it normal for the bumper to sag here?

There is another hole closer to the wheel well that is not shown, it is on both the driver and passenger sides, i'm assuming those are for a mudflap?

There should be a steel bar that runs inside the bumper to keep it from sagging.

I can only find one part number for a rear bumper lower bracket, which is what I am pretty sure I already have (MR236502). It has 4 mounting holes and isn't long enough to interface with the holes shown in my picture. I havent been able to find any reference or part numbers for a bracket at that location?

What am I missing? Does anybody have a picture or a part number that could help me out? Thanks!

So I just photographed the inside of a GST Spyder rear bumper, and sure enough the holes are there (meaning mine werent added after production), but just like on my RS hatchback, there is no bracket to be found. I'm going to presume there is no factory OEM bracket here on the 2GB Eclipse..

Sharing my finding in case anybody else gets curious.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I'm about to weld some 1/8 inch steel plate on either end of the stock bracket and drill the holes accordingly. My bumper sags down by at least 3/4 inch. It's ugly and annoying.

If you have a welder on-hand then you should do the same as me

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back