The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Talon/Eclipse Rear Bumper Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6-bolt

15+ Year Contributor
May 22, 2006
Thornton, Colorado
I am converting my 97 Talon to a Eclipse 2gb bumper today. When fitting the bumper cover, I noticed that the bumper reinforcement was pushing the cover out too much. Are the bumper stays (in the pics below) different from the 97 Talon to a Eclipse 2gb? Basically they would move the bumper in.

Also the bumper cover is after market, so if it is not the bumper reinforcement or stays, then it is the cover.

Thanks

Darren
6Bolt

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The reinforcements are the same. Get under the car and make sure you have it all the way in. When I first installed my 2Ga bumper, I did the same thing on my car, got under it and noticed that I had bolted it on the wrong holes.

Don't convert :[ or send me your bumper :]

Yeah, same thing DG said above me.

I had some lady role back and mess my bumper up.
So I got a 2gb bumper and crash bar for 50 bucks :]

Since it is not the bumper mounts (stays), it is the after market Kombat bumper cover. I tore apart the mounts and drilled and welded new nuts into the mounts. Then surrounded the nuts with JB Weld just to be sure. Now have to weld the mounts back together. Here are some pics.

Fitting the rear bumper. Can tell the old bumper postion wouldn't work.

Hacked Up Bumper Mount

Pushed in Bumper

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back