1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Where to find 4g63t?

Posted by AiR, May 29, 2020

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. AiR

AiR Proven Member

Joined Apr 7, 2003
    Portland, Oregon
    I have a 1995 Eagle talon TSI AWD with a 7 bolt... Curious if anyone has a good source or advice on picking up a complete running engine. Been pushing coolant out of mine so it looks like I have some of head damage. I would prefer to just get a new engine instead of tearing everything apart and opening a can of worms. Let me know, Thanks!

338  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. benspilk09

benspilk09 Proven Member

Joined Feb 16, 2010
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Engines are getting rare. Keep an eye out on here or Facebook classifieds, but unless you're willing to drive a long way you may be waiting a while.

I'd tear into it and see what it needs. My car started pushing coolant after I started upping my timing for e85. I tore it down and everything checked out fine, a $30 head gasket and $90 ARP studs later and it's fixed.

Street Build 283  4

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    lasershark likes this.
  3. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Running, drop-in ready engines, especially stock ones are hard to come by. Either have to get a jdm equivalent or rebuild what you have.

I'd recommend rebuilding what you have so you know exactly what is going on in it.

Street Build 733  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

710  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 3K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  4. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    Ask @dacowgod. Ricky usually has some engines.

Street Build 4K  29

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    14.74 @ 117.04 · 1G DSM

1K  14

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

755  18

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 6K  13  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM
  5. Bluecifer361

Bluecifer361 Probationary Member

Joined May 31, 2020
    Corpus christi, Texas
    You can get a jdm longblock and trans for gsx/Tsi for 2,350 and that’s everything including harness and ecu I think it’s a good deal but that’s just me....I’m not one for tearing motors apart putting them back together just to find out I didn’t do something correct and have to do it again because the bearings are messed up now or the crank I just don’t have time for all that so I feel you but you won’t learn if you never try

Street Build 175  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  6. sytherstrike

sytherstrike Probationary Member

Joined Mar 19, 2013
    Flint, Michigan
    +1 on the rebuild option. Open that can of worms. My first dsm I blew 3 head gaskets in 6 months cause I was young dumb and loved the boost, before I warped my head to the point it wouldn't reseal. I got to where I could swap out the head gasket in about 2 hours in my yard and be driving again. Don't be afraid, the worst that can happen is you open it up and still need to buy a motor, more likely you would just need a head. Literally costs nothing to open it up.

Bluecifer361 likes this.
  7. 95FullSend99

95FullSend99 Proven Member

Joined Dec 3, 2019
    ledyard, Connecticut
    Performance partout has one right now.

Street Build 606  15

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  8. Joshua Tadich

Joshua Tadich Proven Member

Joined Jul 15, 2018
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I have a 6 bolt i pulled from an 80K mile 90 Talon im selling. It includes, block, head, intake mani, tb. No acessories, CAS, fuel rail, injectors, EX mani, or turbo. I have pics if you're interesred. Asking 650

Street Build 468  5

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM