The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What is this car worth / Is this car a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilsfutbol17

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Bellingham, Washington
I found a 1996 Spyder GST for $4900. It is a 5-speed, 91,000 miles on it, white with black top, 17 inch rims. There is 80% tread left on the tires but the guy has a brand new never used set of tires for the car that is included in the price. He says the top doesn't leak, but it had a rip and was repaired, but he didn't like it, so he bought a brand new oem top that isn't installed and is included with the car. He says the interior is really nice, everything inside works, but you have to help the top up a little bit. He doesn't know if the timing belt has been replaced or not. It has a 3 inch cat back exhaust, 16G turbo, apexi intake and a greddy bov. He says it runs great and has no issues. He says he just wants to get rid of it because he doesn't drive it and its taking up space in his garage, which sounds good to me because he kept it garaged at least. he also said that the paint is good on it, no clear coat coming off, no body damage or dents. I'm going to check for crankwalk be looking at the clutch pedal when I turn left. I have been talking to the guy over the phone and I'm suppose to go drive for 4 hours to go and buy it if it checks out on Thursday. Does it sound good? Should I ask him or check for other things on it?
full_car.jpg
engine.jpg
partial_engine.jpg

Is the car still available? I was waiting for my brother to pay me back (owes me 22k) and I was going to talk to you about it if you still wanted to sell it. I love my 03 convertible and I'd love equally a G2 convertible :)

I'm trying to sell my 95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD all stock except for exhaust and upgraded ECU. Its had a transfer case rebuild within the last 6 months and the body/interior is in good condition.

I see some people selling shells for $3000 and others selling modified talons/gsx's for $3000-7000.
I have mine listed for $5200 and have gotten only a couple calls..

What do you all think??
Let me know.

How many miles? What maintenance has all been done? 5200 sounds way to high. I picked up an all stock for 1000 it's 95 was also stock.

The dsm market has its ups and downs. I hawk craigslist on a daily basis and the price of cars will swing up and down depending on the season and how many are available for sale in the area. I'd say its high unless the car has 50k-80k miles and the interior is like new, always garaged, and never driven in winter. But to the right person you could be right on, time will tell. Be patient and you may get your asking price, just depends on how quick you want to sell the car. Know what your bottom $ is and list it at x,xxx$obo.

The worth is as much as someone wants to pay for it, if you're trying to get more for it be DETAILED in the listing and take good photo's of everything.

Have you checked compression on all cylinders and verified engine health? Do it and list the results with pictures of the gauge.

Have you saved all your maintenance receipts?

How clean's the engine bay?

...quickly looking at your profile images you list it as stock with exhaust and ECU. What about the 2g DSM body mismatch? You've got a 2ga Eclipse rear end/tail lights which loses the "stock" appearance that some/most DSM enthusiasts like.

On the other hand finding these car's in working condition, stock, and doesn't require body work is tough and to top that off you've got a AWD Talon which makes it a bit rarer.

It all depends on the local market. Here in the st louis craigslist? Never find a good dsm. When they come up, stock awds go for 5k. That's around here. It's different everywhere. To me? If i could start from scratch right now i would GLADLY pay 5000+ for a stock awd 2g with decent mileage and no rust. That's super cheap man.

I can take a eclipse that's perfectly modified with over 20 grand invested and the most i'll get is 5k. These cars are getting rare but for some reason it seems they aren't demanding high dollar yet. May never. Mainly cause they were cheap enough for kids to get them, put ebay shit on, do poor work everywhere and beat em to death.

Your car is worth 5k if it's super clean w no rust and no issues. It'll happen.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/5163990600.html so we can all get a better opinion on the facts
and by the way after a car is 10 years old (some states may vary a little) the dmv will mark all cars exempt as far as mileage goes.
Your only competition http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/5153464216.html
I would say the low 5,000 range is reasonable. If I was in the market for a 2g dsm and found your clean car I would take yours before a modified beat up talon. Your interior is in good shape, mileage is low, and overall it is a nice car. To be honest if i was honestly interested, I would try to get it for 4,500 but I always try to finagle.
It basically comes down to how long you are willing to wait. There will be somebody interested given the mileage but you just have to be patient.

You could always just keep it and not bail from the dsm family :D

Last edited:
Absolutely not. People have the internet nowadays and do research before they buy a car. The problem is low miles, untouched 2g equals to crankwalk and other problems as well that came from the factory. I'd rather have a healthy 6bolt swapped 2g with some mods for that price not to mention the much better looking 97-99 GSX or TSi models which are going for around 4k-7k. I bought a 97 cinnamon red GST, 5 speed from the original owner, clean, stock for $3100 and this was years ago.

Let's face it, the DSM will never be a Supra and people buy them for one reason and that is to go fast, so most don't mind a project or something they can work on. Don't want to hurt your feelings just trying to be realistic.

Thanks for all the opinions. When i bought it the guy had it listed for 1500$ because of a bad transfer case and I had to race people to his house to look at it. Now I cant even get a phone call, I have it listed at 5200$ expecting 4k or a little less, still nothing.

Asking price 4k, Second owner put a clutch in it and only owned it for about 6 weeks, then I bought it. Stock besides the ngk wires, clutch, and its missing the bov cover. You wont find a nicer interior its showroom mint and no rust. Needs usual maintenance for a 23yr old car but drives nice and ac still works. Needs; cv boot, new master cylinder, and struts. For reference only

6bolt/4bolt car and my wife took claim to it LOL.

Attachments

• 20150703_182038_resized.jpg
    20150703_182038_resized.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 20150711_184013_resized.jpg
    20150711_184013_resized.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 84
  • 20150711_184107_resized.jpg
    20150711_184107_resized.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20150807_171156_resized.jpg
    20150807_171156_resized.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Near stock white gsx, 50k original miles, very clean, manual, AC delete (damnit) clean clean cloth interior.

What would this be worth?

'93 talon tsi awd 5sp 110k new timing, stage 4 clutch, master, slave, tires, small 16g turbo, turbo back exhaust. Oem manifold. Lots n lots of extra brand new parts. Shocks, coilovers, injectors, fuel pump, repair manuals, guages, afr tuner, arp head bolts. Sure I forgot some.

Considering trading my 111k 93 trans am automatic for it.

Attachments

• IMG_05871.jpg
    IMG_05871.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_01301.jpg
    IMG_01301.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_05851.jpg
    IMG_05851.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_05881.jpg
    IMG_05881.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_05831.jpg
    IMG_05831.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_05841.jpg
    IMG_05841.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 130
Well I don't know about you, but I think that is quite a clean car. I personally would make the trade, but I am a little biased towards DSMs to begin with:sneaky:. Is the owner only trading, or is there there a cash offer too? I would say its worth right around 4-5k, going off all the mods. Good Luck!

He also sent vids of it running and clean strut towers. Jus can't seem to post em here for whatever reason. I definitely wanna do the trade. Just gotta find a way to get down there. We are 335 miles apart

If its an lt1 auto car, yea do it
But no you'll never get 4-5 k outta that car, looks stock with eBay exhaust who knows 16g, and some maintenance and wheels, but your lt1 car isn't worth 4-5 either so you should go pick up your new dsm

I think you should definitely trade him. It looks clean and it has a decent foundation for some power. If its rust free I would be all over it man. They're getting pretty hard to find in good shape.

The small 16g is still a stout turbo for the street. If those injectors being included are larger (but 650 or less) then you could break 300whp with the afc included and possibly break 12's in the 1/4 without too much work.

Last edited:
5th gen as in like 2010+?

LS cars are still 4th gen. Jus a better version. Either way. Im partial to booooost!!! And have u ever worked on an fbody? Good laaawd have mercy!

I'm gonna try and get the trade done!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back