The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What is this car worth / Is this car a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilsfutbol17

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Bellingham, Washington
I found a 1996 Spyder GST for $4900. It is a 5-speed, 91,000 miles on it, white with black top, 17 inch rims. There is 80% tread left on the tires but the guy has a brand new never used set of tires for the car that is included in the price. He says the top doesn't leak, but it had a rip and was repaired, but he didn't like it, so he bought a brand new oem top that isn't installed and is included with the car. He says the interior is really nice, everything inside works, but you have to help the top up a little bit. He doesn't know if the timing belt has been replaced or not. It has a 3 inch cat back exhaust, 16G turbo, apexi intake and a greddy bov. He says it runs great and has no issues. He says he just wants to get rid of it because he doesn't drive it and its taking up space in his garage, which sounds good to me because he kept it garaged at least. he also said that the paint is good on it, no clear coat coming off, no body damage or dents. I'm going to check for crankwalk be looking at the clutch pedal when I turn left. I have been talking to the guy over the phone and I'm suppose to go drive for 4 hours to go and buy it if it checks out on Thursday. Does it sound good? Should I ask him or check for other things on it?
full_car.jpg
engine.jpg
partial_engine.jpg

Don't marry this girl. What woman would force you to sell what you love? Its not a woman to marry. I'd only marry a woman who would respect my love of cars ... and I'm a little obessive with my 5 eclipses :D Anyways my condolensces. Where is it anyways? I could use a convertible :)
Here is a good logo for you to have instead:
Bethlehem, Ct.

In my market you wouldn't get more then 4k, and thats pushing it. 2gs arent really worth much here, especially spyders.

wow.
you sell it and she owns you.
go demand she sells something of hers that she considers "her baby" (shoes, books, clothing, whatever it may be) and see how responsive she is

I was told by the wife I had to cut back on cars one time but then I had 10 dsm's at that point + the 2 hot rods and 2 d.d.'s. I could see her point. but she will never let me sell the spyder since I bought it new or the evo 3. I am now down to a total of 5 cars. the spyder,evo 3,51 ford f1,and 2 dd's

I mentioned selling my GSX a while back. Wife told me I was stupid and shouldn't even think about it.

She's pretty sweet and would never ask me to sell something I loved unless we were in a very bad spot financially.

Do you want to sell it?

I just got my gf into the DSM game, so she doesn't complain about my devotion to my two TSis. I let her drive whichever one I'm not, and now she wants her very own. She said this to me the other day "at first I was looking for any other car, now I can't imagine driving anything else. I love these cars. They're timeless". Needless to say, I fell in love with her all over again.

What's it worth? I've noticed a few thread like this and I could use the same help... I'm pretty much just looking for a fair assessment of what I should sell my dsms for. With the inevitable sale of my cars coming I figured I'd ask the same question.. They have been fun and way more reliable then they get a rep for but with my new job I don't have the time to enjoy them so I think I'm just going to sell and buy something Im actually willing drive to work without worrying about getting stolen. I'll try to summarize but Up first...

1995 tsi awd non sunroof clean title
Absolutely all maintenance up to date
Converted to 2gb eclipse exterior w/ twisty skirts
2 year old paint (a couple small clear runs, never got around to cutting)
9/10 body (one tiny dime ding on door)
9/10 interior grey & black
EPROM Ecu/Ecm link v2.5 / innovate wb& boost gauge
Original 7 bolt 143k 175 across compression
Hks 264/272 cams
Oem hg/Apr head studs
Shaved and polished valve cover
Evo 3 intake manifold/ rebuilt 1g tb
Pte 780cc inj
Aeromotive fpr/ Walbro 255 rewired/ return orifice mod
Vrspeed fmic /Ngr bov
Rewired Saturn alt convo
Fp manifold/ oem shield
Td05 20g w/external tial (built off a mhi center)
Dejon intake w/ 4" intake elbow & aem dryflow
Thermal 3" exhaust, punishment O2 housing
SS oil feed
Silicon hoses/ aluminum rad
Gates blue belt/ clear upper cover/new idler, tensioners, bs belt
New Oem water pump, brake booster
Koni yellows/h&r sport/ 18x8 bbs replicas 95%tread/ 99 rear arms
Tanabe sway bars
Brad penn used on motor-
Amsoil in trans/ solid shifter bushings& base bushings
Cypher bucket leatherette/ carbon cpa2002 seats/sparco brackets
New ngk br7/ magnacore wires
Ceramic brakes and slotted zinc rotors/ ss brake lines
Top secret alarm setup

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Second up is...

1997 tsi awd clean title
39,500 original miles
Automatic
Second owner
Completely stock from front to back except for
arp studs & felpro permatorque
Body is in 8.5/10 (a few dime or smaller size dings)
Paint is 8/10 ( clear faded on wing and 2 other areas ...rest is money)
Interior is 9.5/10 (original grey leather & Infinity stereo...mint)
Newer tires 85%

...pic coming

Attachments

• 1FA5371B-F92D-4B28-B6A8-93DB21838923.png
    1FA5371B-F92D-4B28-B6A8-93DB21838923.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 1FA5371B-F92D-4B28-B6A8-93DB21838923.png
    1FA5371B-F92D-4B28-B6A8-93DB21838923.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
39,500k orginal miles OMG Wow that's nice.

Thanks, I had big plans for it.....I wasn't at all in the market for one when I bought it but I just had to...I've never seen one with such low miles and so clean/complete...it was defiantly a find I'm sure I'll never come across another like it.

I'm not really sure on the time frame, this just came to me today when I went out to the garage to start my white talon for the first time in a month... I've really been stewing on keeping the green one today but no point in letting them sit so right now I'm in the sell them both mindset...

Well I would like to say it's not that bad but because in general it's not but I had my last Honda build stolen and the employee parking lot where I work is unsupervised in a bad part of town...that said Im always paranoid so I drive a beater to work and back... Not to sound like a broken record but the more I think about it the more I want to keep the green talon, I'll have to think about it as it's definitely once in a blue moon to find one like this one.

Last edited:
If your so unsure thats kind of a sign that you need to keep them or at lest like you said keep the green one because rarity. At the same time you shouldnt let theives determine where or not you drive your nice cars, you love then then drive them. You could install a camera system for protection.

Ya i'd say 6k would be a sound number. If you were in canada that'd be a 9-10k car all day. Also like the others have mentioned....do YOU want to sell it? A woman demanding things such as this is a scarey one. But also we dont know what your relationship is like so technically we cant confidently tell you what to do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back