The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What is this called / Where does this go / What does this do? [MERGED]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcefed594

Probationary Member
Aug 8, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This is probably a dumb question, but what is the part called that holds the front suspension in place and bolts up to the knuckle in a 1g? Does anyone know where i can find this part? :hmm:

On a 1G you have the upper mount, spring, strut, knuckle, ball joint, and lower control arm. There is also the outer tie rod end, inner tie rod end, and steering rack. And finally the sway bar link and sway bar.

So which are you thinking of?

ive been fixing vacuum leaks in my car lately and im not sure what this rubber corner piece is called. its wider on one end and smaller on the other. ive gone to a few napas and autozones and they all tell me they cant order it, or know what it is called.

[circled in yellow]
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and you can see here ive had to put electrical tape around it as a temporary fix.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

thanks,
nathan:confused:

I think it goes to your reservoir vacuum box... It's been awhile since I've worked on my car. Just find a rubber hose of the same size and put it on there.

i have a gst with a g16 or 16g how ever they call it? i just got the car on a trade for a dirtbike so i dont know alot about it. my boost is set to stock 8 lbs and when i hit 8 lbs for a second the rpms rev out. is that boost fall off or is my clutch slippin? also when im gettin on the car hard and try to switch from 3rd to 4th it grinds but if im just cruisin it goes in great. it does have a short shifter so do you think it might need to be adjusted? thanks for your time

yes it spike up from like 5 but i notice and back off. the car still goes but it drops alot of power. it just seems like it runs outta boost

and as for the 3rd to 4th gear grind,
its probably because your synchros are going out,
my 4th gear does the same:ohdamn:

Sounds like the clutch. A car can't jump rpm like that and loose power at the same time, unless something is slipping, like your clutch. If it's already bad and you have another car to drive, let it spin for a sec and you'll smell what a burnt cluth smells like. Not a nice smell that's for sure. I'd say find another tranny and slap in a new clutch at the same time. I'm sure you can find a used trany for a good price. I just bought a 1g awd manual tranny and transfercase, 1g head intake mani and complete head for like 550 for everything.

when i first got mine it did the same thing. wouldnt slip in first because of the light load but when in 2nd or up it would slip under boost. sounds like the clutch is going or the clutch pedal asembly needs adjusted or replaced.

Your clutch is dying. Quit killing it. You can drive the car for a while longer. Just keep the car out of boost until you have the means to pay for and install a new clutch.

today i got on it hard and the thing went to about 5000 then still had power but the rms went up faster than normal so i let it rev for a minute and i did smell any distinct clutch smell. idk what the deal is. i did adjust my clutch pedal tonight and i will let you all know if it changes. it seems way better but have only hit the store and back like a mile. no boost yet. thanks guys

I had to replace that same little vacuum line (elbow) recently too (mine was worn, cracking, and overall making a small whistle due to a crack/small hole in it (thing just had worn down over time). I bought some vacuum line at Autozone (3 feet worth), cut it to size, replaced it, and everything works fine. Cost me 4 bucks for the vacuum line.

It holds the shifter on the rod tight. Mine wiggles and I recently discovered its cracked. Its a sleeve made out of plastic. Where can I get it at. Thanks.

That didn't really help alot. I'm searched ebay, but all that comes up is base shifter bushings, underhood bushings, not the sleeve bushing on the handle.
Please someone help. I need a metal one instead of plastic, I shift sort of hard.

I shift sort of hard.
Okay, THAT is the reason it broke. Slamming gears tears up more than the bushings. It will not only break bushings on the shifter, but also bushings on the transmission, shift forks, Synchros, Gears, input bearings and so forth.

A friend of mine with a honda shifted hard as well. He kicked the clutch, slammed the gears etc etc.

His fly wheel was in 3 pieces, his clutch was held together by the springs tangled in the bracket, his trans fluid sparkled and he had NO synchros in first, second, third, fourth, or Reverse. Not to mention he replaced multiple master and slave cylinders, Throw out bearings...

There is NO need to SLAM the gears in these cars, especially on a 1g. You're gonna end up with a paperweight.

Well.. Unless you have a brand new transmission. ^_^

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back