The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Put some time on it
I reinstalled shafts , and conected wiring , hoses etc
Im doing some stuff only at saturdays after closing my shop
Some of the big changes are on turbo setup im back to the 67mm hx40 and upgrading to methanol friendly injectors and a mech fuel pump system.
Gonna try 100mph at 1/8 as first goal on this setup.

Little bit of everything. Adjusted and replaced Aerocatch hood pins, added a coolant Overflow bottle, ran a Boost Leak Test (fixed a couple LOL).

Got her "Streets" ready to go back on and store the slicks for next season!

Installed the rear coil overs. Was a super easy install but my god are these things stiff. Gonna order some softer springs from Eibach like @ErikTande recommended in his build/YouTube videos.

Looks good though.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also: the top nuts on the old struts were “Jesus Christ!” tight. It felt like legitimately 100-120ft/lbs. They ‘cracked’ upon loosening like a lugnut!

went to a local paint shop to get an estimate of what it'll look like to have it sprayed... Dude looked me dead in my eye and with a straight face quoted me $8k OMG. looks like ill try my hand at learning to paint LOL. also waiting on new rotors and brake pads and wheels and tires to come in the mail. just some knock off reps but idc im balling on a budget LOL
Home | All Orders | Order # 7365702

TRACKING DETAILS​

Package # 1 of 1​

Estimated Delivery: 9/6/2023

18x9 Hyperblack Wheel Vors VR8 5x4.5 35

225/40ZR18 Vercelli Strada II Performance 225/40/18 Tire

Ceramic Coat to Wheels

12x1.5 Bulge Acorn Spline Lug Nuts 1.38" 5 Lug Install Kit Chrome (SD-15)

Chrome 1.25" Spiked Stem Caps

Installed the rear coil overs. Was a super easy install but my god are these things stiff.
Check the preload on the springs and set them to full soft.

went to a local paint shop to get an estimate of what it'll look like to have it sprayed... Dude looked me dead in my eye and with a straight face quoted me $8k OMG. looks like ill try my hand at learning to paint LOL.
I’d give wrapping a try. Auravinyl’s ultra gloss is really nice. They have sick colors and good pricing also.

Last edited:
went to a local paint shop to get an estimate of what it'll look like to have it sprayed... Dude looked me dead in my eye and with a straight face quoted me $8k OMG. looks like ill try my hand at learning to paint LOL. also waiting on new rotors and brake pads and wheels and tires to come in the mail. just some knock off reps but idc im balling on a budget LOL
Home | All Orders | Order # 7365702

TRACKING DETAILS​

Package # 1 of 1​

Estimated Delivery: 9/6/2023

18x9 Hyperblack Wheel Vors VR8 5x4.5 35

225/40ZR18 Vercelli Strada II Performance 225/40/18 Tire

Ceramic Coat to Wheels

12x1.5 Bulge Acorn Spline Lug Nuts 1.38" 5 Lug Install Kit Chrome (SD-15)

Chrome 1.25" Spiked Stem Caps
Read a book or two, talk to guys at local auto paint supply shop, best way to get info and learn. I would suggest this book too.

Check the preload on the springs and set them to full soft.

I’d give wrapping a try. Auravinyl’s ultra gloss is really nice. They have sick colors and good pricing also.
I've definitely considered wrapping it, but id still have to do some body work (small dents and dings here and there) so i figured might as well paint it :idontknow:

Read a book or two, talk to guys at local auto paint supply shop, best way to get info and learn. I would suggest this book too.

Thanks. Been watching Hella videos on youtube... I know, damn youtube mechanics LOL I would like to try my hand at it and will try on some spare body panels before risking it on my car LOL

I've definitely considered wrapping it, but id still have to do some body work (small dents and dings here and there) so i figured might as well paint it :idontknow:

Thanks. Been watching Hella videos on youtube... I know, damn youtube mechanics LOL I would like to try my hand at it and will try on some spare body panels before risking it on my car LOL
My first was the underbody. Second will be engine bay, figure by then I can be comfortable enough to start trying body panels. Surely. LOL:talon:

My first was the underbody. Second will be engine bay, figure by then I can be comfortable enough to start trying body panels. Surely. LOL:talon:
Its all in the prep.. painting isnt that hard its making sure the little dents and everything are out and smooth before coating it.

Sanding, filling, sanding, filling, priming, sanding, filling again... it takes hours and hours of prep for a good paint job

If you really wanted to explore the wrap option but are detered by the dents and dings, then you might want to try to find out who is the "go to guy" for paintless dent removal in your area to straighten the metal without fillers for a price that is considerably lower than body work. The top half of the quarter panels in 2g Eclipses are very braced up to the point that its almost impossible to get access behind the panel to get a tool on it, but if the dings/dents arent deep and if its not caught in the glue of the bracing then dents can be glue pulled from the outside. Even with the PDR, it would still be cheaper than paint.

If you do go the route of talking to a PDR guy...Specify that youre looking to get the car painted or wrapped because they might shy away from doing specific panels if it has been previously resprayed and they think that you are looking for perfection with the original paint that you currently have. Pulling dents from the outside will take the paint off sometimes if a previously resprayed panel wasnt properly baked. You would just have to hit that panel with light coat of spray paint just to keep it from rusting under the wrap. You really just want the metal to be straightened.

Just make sure they are reputable because theres some terrible techs out there that will take your money and leave you with damage that looked better when it was just a dent. You shouldnt see or barely see anything when done.

Last edited:
If you really wanted to explore the wrap option but are detered by the dents and dings, then you might want to try to find out who is the "go to guy" for paintless dent removal in your area to straighten the metal without fillers for a price that is considerably lower than body work. The top half of the quarter panels in 2g Eclipses are very braced up to the point that its almost impossible to get access behind the panel to get a tool on it, but if the dings/dents arent deep and if its not caught in the glue of the bracing then dents can be glue pulled from the outside. Even with the PDR, it would still be cheaper than paint.

If you do go the route of talking to a PDR guy...Specify that youre looking to get the car painted or wrapped because they might shy away from doing specific panels if it has been previously resprayed and they think that you are looking for perfection with the original paint that you currently have. Pulling dents from the outside will take the paint off sometimes if a previously resprayed panel wasnt properly baked. You would just have to hit that panel with light coat of spray paint just to keep it from rusting under the wrap. You really just want the metal to be straightened.

Just make sure they are reputable because theres some terrible techs out there that will take your money and leave you with damage that looked better when it was just a dent. You should see or barely see anything when done.
thanks man that's good info. dents aren't too bad just a couple hail dings. I do however have some chipped paint and peeling clear coat.

Shifter in my car was sloppy (sloppy still being a complement ) so I had a spare oem assembly that I decided to redo with a dsm3dcreation kit and once I had it apart I couldn’t put it back knowing what it looked like so sandblasted and painted it before assembly and install.

Shifter in my car was sloppy (sloppy still being a complement ) so I had a spare oem assembly that I decided to redo with a dsm3dcreation kit and once I had it apart I couldn’t put it back knowing what it looked like so sandblasted and painted it before assembly and install.

Damn, great job, man! Looks really nice.

Damn, great job, man! Looks really nice.
Thank you, I know it gets hidden but my ocd kicked in and once I had it apart I couldn’t just put it back like that. 😂 I used Silver vht engine enamel.
Put the interior back together with the original shift boot as well

Last edited:
I also got the car to finally idle normal. Still missing the intercooler pipe waiting for it to come back from the fab shop but I’ve been fighting a barely on idle or an idle surge that I bought the car with

And Last weekend I finally went and got my brothers car to do it’s first start up after a fresh built block and head and tired of him making excuses
Had the vacuum line for the brake booster off
And no maf plugged in but just wanted to make sure the motor didn’t make any funny noises

Picked up a new 300m output shaft to repair my broken tcase and started putting it together. I didn't have the tool to tighten the 50mm shaft nut and torque it so I whipped out the plasma and cut one out of a plate of 3/8 steel.

Picked up a new 300m output shaft to repair my broken tcase and started putting it together. I didn't have the tool to tighten the 50mm shaft nut and torque it so I whipped out the plasma and cut one out of a plate of 3/8 steel.

Necessity is the Mother of Invention Jason, that's cool AF. :thumb:
Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do......It still worked! ROFL
Cuddo's on the "New Tool"!

Necessity is the Mother of Invention Jason, that's cool AF. :thumb:
Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do......It still worked! ROFL
Cuddo's on the "New Tool"!
It was build the tool or spend $16 on a chinesium crows foot on Amazon and wait 3 days LOL.

Over the years I've made plenty of tools to make things easier/faster.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back