The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Found my car isn't holding boost on the top end. Boost leak tested to 40psi no leaks... No exhaust leaks either. Hmmm may be time for new MAC valve. still logged 48lb/min at only 21psi though LOL

A little BLT action today. Just need to switch back over to E85, have a friend fab up the new aluminum 3.5" exhaust, and it's time to get hop back on the dyno to up the boost from last year (when places open back up that is).

Attachments

• 93024592_265246527980416_3635104381956784128_n.jpg
    93024592_265246527980416_3635104381956784128_n.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 48
Finished molding and installing the 7" lcd into the double din radio bezel. next up is placement into car and only a small amount of modification there is needed, surprisingly, to allow the 90° hdmi adapter.. just need more than a couple degrees above zero out there to finish up.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Today I cleaned out my 96’ GS for the first time in 3 years since I was gone from home because I was active duty AirForce. Anytime I was home for afew days the weather was always crap so I couldn’t ever go out and do it. Since I’m separated from the airforce now and the weather was decent, it was high time to give it a long over-due cleaning.!

Made a new exhaust! Shortened up the stainless down pipe, 3.5" Al mid pipe back to 4" Al muffler and out.

Installed GSX 4-wheel disc brakes — calipers, pads rotors, and flex lines — converting the rear drums to disc.

Anyway The new rims i got 3 of them never got sent and The company stopped anwser me! So i considering these wheels now and what do you guys think ? 17 inch 7.5 wide and tires 225 45 17

Just found out which cylinder was burning oil...

now inam searching for a new engine, to drive with it and rebuild the old one...

it had 70k miles on it:|

Attachments

• IMG-20200523-WA0024.jpeg
    IMG-20200523-WA0024.jpeg
    616.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-20200523-WA0026.jpeg
    IMG-20200523-WA0026.jpeg
    678.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20200523-WA0028.jpeg
    IMG-20200523-WA0028.jpeg
    518.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20200523-WA0030.jpeg
    IMG-20200523-WA0030.jpeg
    641.6 KB · Views: 33
I pulled my fuel pump out last night so It could air out.
Gonna put the 225 in soon. Still looking for an stm pump rewire if anyone's got one laying around

Put a bunch of gold heat wrap on stuff that mattered and stuff that didn't because Amazon. Installed ebay rad fans because ebay. Cant drive anywhere because Chicago. Keeps cool at idle.

Added a couple "extra" parts.....:cool:

Been rebuilding a 91gst I picked up a couple weeks ago, purely to keep it from being parted out or junked. Car will be sold when I'm done, I have too many ROFL

Also have ThunderChild all spruced up since I got back from Antartica this spring, going to start getting a nailed down tune in it and do some racing. She needs a diet though...

Swapped the turbo out for a billet s16g, I/M back to a stocker ported for the s90, all new timing components, and fixed a bunch of annoying exhaust and oil leaks I had. Also did new kybs with tein s-techs. She's doing well now, sounds and runs amazing compared to the last setup.

Switched over to E85 and promptly burned out overdrive..........:banghead:
1st thru 3rd seem to have held together tho..............:ohdamn:

ordered up a replacement wbo2 sensor, some rear suspension bits, and a new alternator

sensor is many, many years old and threw a E8 only once but i'm getting ahead of the game.

I changed my oil feed line, the braided material was breaking, and i had cut my hand working around it. I recieved my Greddy FV in the mail. I installed it then hooked up the boost leak cap to check for leaks. Done done and done LOL

I changed my oil feed line, the braided material was breaking, and i had cut my hand working around it. I recieved my Greddy FV in the mail. I installed it then hooked up the boost leak cap to check for leaks. Done done and done LOL

Attachments

• 20200618_140749~2.jpg
    20200618_140749~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • 20200618_140749~2.jpg
    20200618_140749~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
My. car started leaking coolant and found out it was the head gasket, I changed it and put it back together, so now we are in the tuning cession..

Took it for a new alt shakedown and figured I had my electrical gremlins fixed after a couple hours of driving.. headed home and then I started getting random stuttering at idle (when in motion) or cruise/acceleration. AFRatioEst would spike to 800-something or 15000-something to one for a brief moment and then return. Obviously didn't push power through it but has anybody experienced this?

Going to try swapping a few components like ptu, coil pack, and CAS with spares that I have but not tonight.. just wondering if anybody has an anecdote about such an issue. I'm trying to remember if, ~8 years ago, I suffered the same kind of problem with a broken PTU connector on the harness side.

Joined the engine/trans, installed them and bolted a bunch of other stuff together on this 91.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back