The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking good Jose, that garage setup you've got makes me jealous.

ah nothing to be jealous at. It is nice to have an enclosed space to work on the car when its cold out.

Finished for the day. Pile of everything removed and just finished reweighing the car. She is getting lighter.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 2520Weight.jpg
    2520Weight.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 77
Cleaned up my N/T really good, even waxed it and cleaned the engine bay. My arms are tired, but it looks like a whole new car again. The looks are well worth the pain!

Blacked my tail lights and started working on a wire tuck on my 1g.. shouldn't be too hard... right?... :hmm:

Busy day! I AutoXed and Drag raced! I'll have more pics and vids coming soon.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6uxcvuzuq7o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

went threw the wiring harness and cleaned it up and for start up am going to install it in the normal spot for now.

decided to install the oil cooler today since it was 74 degrees :hellyeah:

made a support bracket since i had to cut out the lower radiator support and got creative with the oil lines

made a support bracket since i had to cut out the lower radiator support and got creative with the oil lines
That looks great, nice work! I do recommend you run a rubber grommet, similar to these, to protect those nice SS lines from chaffing through and leaking oil when you're at WOT and seeing 60psi+ oil pressure. That would be a bad day...

:dsm:

That looks great, nice work! I do recommend you run a rubber grommet, similar to these, to protect those nice SS lines from chaffing through and leaking oil when you're at WOT and seeing 60psi+ oil pressure. That would be a bad day...

i though about the grommet and the hole needed for one the correct size of the lines is to big for them. there is next to no movement on the lines right now. they were a bi*** to even get them in but i was thinking about that and will cut some stainless sheet metal into a protective sleeve and slide them around the hoses.

Finally got around to doing a compression test today. 175 across the board! 79k all original motor I couldn't be happier! :hellyeah:

i though about the grommet and the hole needed for one the correct size of the lines is to big for them. there is next to no movement on the lines right now. they were a bi*** to even get them in but i was thinking about that and will cut some stainless sheet metal into a protective sleeve and slide them around the hoses.

Cut some vacuum hose and put it around the hole?

I finished the last of my LED boards for my tails today.

When it got warm enough I realized I did blow my head gasket. At least people behind me will smell something sweet. Other than that I realized I have a good reason to do my motor and tranny swap sooner than later.

Heard of this stuff called carbon fiber? It's pretty new.

Yup, sure have. Trying to keep the car looking totally stock looking on the outside with all the original sheetmetal. Plus, trying to see how far I can go with all the Do It Yourself projects. I guess a personal challenge of sorts. Next will trim my doors and cut my own Lexan sheets. have not worked on the car in 8 years, so it is alot of fun doing all I can to it.
:thumb:

Agreed. Great job Jose! Now, how'd you do it? :D

Thanks, easier than I thought it would be. I just used a Dremel with a metal cutting wheel. I left the hinge mounts and the front latch. That way the hood will bolt up and latch securely like stock. So if you go the the hood pin route, there is an easy 10+lbs in the frame alone.

I am anxious to start on my doors. I know there is some good weight savings to be had there.

Washed the body and engine on my 2G N/T. Looks purty on the outside.

Next to clean out the inside!

Ditched 2g fuel and timing maps in favor of the Evo8 maps... Car feels much more responsive at cruise and from a stop. Did not need any immediate adjustments, even WOT pulls were very safe with 10:1 A/F and no knock (@12 psi). These maps look like that place to start these days. I have to say the even more aggressive ralliart maps are very tempting!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back