The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Welding valve cover crack

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96talontso

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2011
Edmonds, Washington
I need to know if out valve covers are aluminum or stainless steel so i know whether to tig or mig weld it. Thanks guys.

I need to know if out valve covers are aluminum or stainless steel so i know whether to tig or mig weld it. Thanks guys.

Even if its either i would say tig over mig on an item like this, more control and better result. But yes its aluninum

Welding aluminum is tricky. If all else fails you can buy a stock valve cover from an auto wreckers or even use this site to source a good used cover. I'm new to this site but found it a great resource for anything and everything DSM. Check classifieds for part outs and send someone a message, if they have it they might just give it to you or sell it to you for cheap. If you are a good welder try fixing it and post the before and after DSM's have been always a hands on hobby so we would be interested even if its just a valve cover.

Ive taken welding classes for 2 years now. Im not to worried about it i just wasnt sure if i was SS or Aluminum. Thanks guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back