The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Was reading up on history of DSM, Technically 7bolts are not real dsm cars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoolio

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 3, 2003
Port Charlotte, Florida
Found this intresting.

Initially Diamond-Star Motors was a 50/50 joint venture between Chrysler and Mitsubishi. However, in 1991 the Japanese company purchased its partner's equity stake, and thereafter the manufacture of Chrysler vehicles was on a contractual basis. Chrysler sold its equity stake in Mitsubishi in 1993, and Diamond-Star Motors was renamed to Mitsubishi Motors Manufacturing America (MMMA) on July 1, 1995

i cant find the detailed article about this, but pretty much if someone doesnt understand is that from 91-93 was actually DIAMOND STAR MOTORS, which was made my chrysler and mitsubishi , anything made on and after 1993 is made by mitsubishi itself, technically the Company "DSM" had nothing to do with 93+ cars, this is why they went to the 7bolt motor also. So i guess the real DSM company started and ended with 6bolts. :thumb:

Spoolio said:
Found this intresting.

Initially Diamond-Star Motors was a 50/50 joint venture between Chrysler and Mitsubishi. However, in 1991 the Japanese company purchased its partner's equity stake, and thereafter the manufacture of Chrysler vehicles was on a contractual basis. Chrysler sold its equity stake in Mitsubishi in 1993, and Diamond-Star Motors was renamed to Mitsubishi Motors Manufacturing America (MMMA) on July 1, 1995

i cant find the detailed article about this, but pretty much if someone doesnt understand is that from 91-93 was actually DIAMOND STAR MOTORS, which was made my chrysler and mitsubishi , anything made on and after 1993 is made by mitsubishi itself, technically the Company "DSM" had nothing to do with 93+ cars, this is why they went to the 7bolt motor also. So i guess the real DSM company started and ended with 6bolts. :thumb:
old news man

JayRolla said:
I like how you guys are all assholes to him. Good way to treat fellow dsm'rs

He's been around long enough to know that this is discussed every month.

i guess the DSM stickers that are on all my body panels and the one attached to my firewall are either extras or just a mistake.

I better call the dealership to let them know they made a mistake.

siceclipse said:
i guess the DSM stickers that are on all my body panels and the one attached to my firewall are either extras or just a mistake.

I consider a "DSM" anything labeled as one from the factory. This includes Dodge Avengers, and some of the Chysler sebrings if I"m not mistaken.

siceclipse said:

Hmm. A 95 GSX has DSM stickers and my 98 Talon has Mitsubishi stickers. WTF

95 dsms were made in 94, so when the OP stated the thing was signed over in july of 95, that's why 95's have dsm stickers. So to be really technical, then the 95's were "truly" dsms...but like others said, who cares, they're all dsms.

Please dont consider a sebring or avenger a DSM. Its not and never will be. Actually like he said only the 6 bolts are true DSM motors made in that factory. The 7 bolts are mitsubishi. T/E/L and GVR-4 are DSM's. Im pretty sure the first was in Japan and it was a 89 Galant VR-4. There where 9 badgeless show cars for promotion when the GVR-4 was launched. They are the originals.

Well see you all later. I'm leaving 'DSM's.'

Ludachris is already helping me form my own website called 7boltTuners.com or 2gTuners.com Can't decide at this point yet.

4g6t3 said:
95s were the last true DSMs.

Well, techincaly any DSM that DOSNT have a "J" at the beginning of the VIN is NOT a true
DSM, they were assembled in the US with Japenese parts.

My 93 talon starts out with a "4" and was assembled in Illinois like all the 95 to 99s.

bfdahl said:
Well, techincaly any DSM that DOSNT have a "J" at the beginning of the VIN is NOT a true
DSM, they were assembled in the US with Japenese parts.

My 93 talon starts out with a "4" and was assembled in Illinois like all the 95 to 99s.

ummm. Every eclipse, talon, or laser ever made was assembled in IL. (excluding concept cars)

drivemusicnow said:
ummm. Every eclipse, talon, or laser ever made was assembled in IL. (excluding concept cars)

He didn't say they weren't....

This topic is so dumb. I hear it all the time. Technically this, technically that. Who cares? IMO 90-99 are all DSM's. This topic has been beaten to death many times over :beatentodeath:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back