The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

VRSF FMIC with FP intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junfan

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2010
Okemos, Michigan
I have the VRSF front mount kit on the way. Anyhow, I am looking for an intake once I put this on. I am running a 2g MAF on my 1g and was thinking a good solution might be an FP 4" intake with 4" to 2.25" coupler. I am going to recirc because I was a newb last year when I got into this stuff and thought all the cool kids put BOV to air. I have since learned I am venting metered air. Bad idea if you want nice idle and no rich spike when pushing in clutch. My real question is has anyone run this combo and recirc? What type of recirc hose where you able to use?

I've ran the vrsf intercooler with the fp intake and even the 9in long k&n filter with no issues it fit perfect. If you have the stock recirc tube just cut it to fit if not go to the auto parts store and find a hose of similar size.

Got a review on the combo? I am curious if you are pleased with the look and performance of the combo.

I don't have a review but everything fit like it should. I sold my front mount but I think I'm going to buy another one for my gsx. Oh and you will have to relocate the coolant bottle.

I am going to make a little bracket and make the hole larger where the stock smic was and push it up form the bottom and use those holes as the bolt holes to hold it on. Basically just push the neck through cause I want to retain the sensor.

Here is a review and install of the VRSF FMIC that I did: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-turbo-system-intercooler/386137-1g-vrsf-fmic-install.html.

As far as a 4" intake dropping down to 2.25 for your turbo, there has been some dyno testing down which suggests that that setup can actually reduce horsepower because of the sudden decrease in pipe size. A tapper design would work much better, or even just a smaller initial diameter to reduce the large "step" at the turbo inlet.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dyno-talk/365759-evo3-16g-dyno-results-2.html#post152163483
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/408647-what-intake-pipe-should-i-get.html#post152656899

Thanks 9!'clipse! I had actually read your review and it was the deciding factor for this over the saving longer and getting the ETS. Rep for you.

I like my VRSF Setup, I am also running the FP intake. Great combo. Its a bit stiff getting the the recirculate into place, but it works great. I just cut down a piece of 20mm radiator hose to fit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back